Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

@eddyandme, I don't know if it matters, as you're probably better off going to the B&M, but it's Good2Go, not Go2.  They did show them online when I looked yesterday. Good luck!

Thanks, @summerwind.  I did the search on Good2Go. messed up here.  There were many of that brand but for some reason they did not carry online so rep suggested I check local Petco. 

Esteemed Contributor

Just an update:  the town clerk contacted the vendor re the broken tag.  The owner of the company (made in Kentucky) called truly concerned and surprised; then requested she send a photo of the broken tag (I let the town have it).

He was very surprised and, although they periodically check their equipment, was having a check done today.  He also offered to replace the tag, but it was a 2017 so we didn't need that.  Don't know what else the company will do; perhaps they'll come up with a way of avoiding this.  But, this vendor not only supplies tags for dogs, it also supplies the same tags for thousands of farm animals.  This has never happened before to their knowledge.

The town has posted notifications requesting anybody who encounters a problem with the license tag to contact them.  Guess they didn't want to go into details.

I've been kinda the unlucky type.  My cousin has said several times my life is like a soap opera.  Unfortunately, often true.  So at first I thought, it figures.....

But, Eddy's license tag number last year was, 666, which I hadn't even noticed!  Eddy, with all the horrific things that happpened to him in his life, I believe, has always had Angels watching over him.  So, instead of chalking this up as bad luck, I'm figuring it was his Angels' way of ridding him of that number:  it didn't break apart until after he was done eating his supper so he was in a safe space at the time.

FYI:  The Town Clerk will never give that number license tag out again!