Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG

He looks so loving and kind - what a very special boy!  It hurts so much to lose a furbaby.  The love/bond you both had cannot be broken.  And he constantly watches over you, awaiting the day you are together again!  So sorry for your loss.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

No, @Kachina624, Eddy can't reach his tag.  This thing has not marks on it either.  Appears it just failed.  It's only thin metal, thinner than a key, but very jagged.  And, he stands in front of me, then kisses me and puts his face into me for pats, kisses and hugs. When he's had enough he sits on my foot and I massage him.  So, we did nothing out of the ordinary.  Maybe the town got a deal!  But, thanks.

Wow!  How could your dogs reach their tag?  That's amazing!  Good thing you got to the little one whose toenail had gotten caught!  Would've thunk a tag could be dangerous?

Haven't decided yet what to do - maybe taping the new tag so if it fails it cannot fall into food?  Such a little thing can be so perplexing!

@eddyandme   He was scratching his neck with his back paw and the nail got caught in the loop.  Now I go to the hardware store and buy those round key rings that ruin your finger nails.

@Kachina624- that's a good idea - and those rings do ruin your nails!  I think we need a new design concept for dog tags, though.  In my town, just noticed the tag is very thin metal - thinner than a credit card - not good.  And, in your case, dogs scratch, etc., all the time.  And something that can catch a paw/nail is not acceptable, imo.

Honored Contributor

I don't use my nails to open the ring that you put the tags on.  I use a knife to pry it open and get the tag started.  I wouldn't have a nail left if I tried to use it for that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

I haven't put tags on my dogs since the 80s. One of my dogs got her tag stuck between the boards on the deck. Thankfully, she just laid there until we got her out. If it had happened to my other girl, she was not laid back at all, she could have gotten herself in a mess of trouble.

I now have a leash from Petco that has a loop up by the handhold, for attaching a tag. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I haven't put tags on my dogs since the 80s. One of my dogs got her tag stuck between the boards on the deck. Thankfully, she just laid there until we got her out. If it had happened to my other girl, she was not laid back at all, she could have gotten herself in a mess of trouble.

I now have a leash from Petco that has a loop up by the handhold, for attaching a tag. 

@summerwind,WOW!  That's scarey!  That's a really smart way to handle tags.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @summerwind.  I shall check Petco.

I called the town and the clerk told me she believed it was just an "isolated" incident.  However, after mentioning that had anything had happened to my boy I'd sue the town bigtime because they're liable; and I shall license him but never attach the tag again.  So, supposedly the town clerk who's out of town will call me.  I shall mention this incident you described also.  Imho muni's spend money irresponsibly and cut back where they shouldn't.  Thanks for the input.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG@summerwind

Would you be kind enough to give me the name of the collar/leash you referred to?  I've been trying to search for each and there's tons or items but haven't come across the right ones.

Thanx!  (and, Eddy thanks you, also:  woof,woofHeart!)

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@ECBG@summerwind

Would you be kind enough to give me the name of the collar/leash you referred to?  I've been trying to search for each and there's tons or items but haven't come across the right ones.

@eddyandme,My granddogs had the collars with the name and phone.  I've asked my DIL where she ordered them.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@ECBG@summerwind

@eddyandme,My granddogs had the collars with the name and phone.  I've asked my DIL where she ordered them.Smiley Happy

@eddyandme,The collars came from amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@ECBG@summerwind

@eddyandme,The collars came from amazon.

Thank you @ECBG, I'll do a search!