Super Contributor

Re: Nick Chavez Beauty Thread.

On 7/24/2014 september said: Janice, my daughter will be moving to Santa Barbara in the near future, and when I visit her, I'll be that much closer to LA than I am now. My own hair stylist here is about to retire...who knows? I'd love to go to Nicks salon and have him do my hair.

september, you should go visit his salon if you get the chance! He's very reasonable, cost-wise, and he makes my hair look amazing. If you go, you'll have to let me know!

Janice

Respected Contributor

Jangroomer and betteb, thanks for the correction on the difference between Nick's Amazon Infinity Mist and Nick's Amazon Hair Body Building Spray. I'm slightly jealous of QVC Italy because they have way more Nick Chavez products than QVC America. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/24/2014 september said: I've been without the Infinity Mist for a while...have been using other products in my stash, but this is the best!

Isn't it great? I just love it.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Janice...would love to do that. My daughter won't be making her move for about 6 months, but after that time, I'll be in SoCal more. I'm glad to hear the prices are reasonable. I went to a Dry Bar in San Francisco a few weekends ago, and was a bit surprised to see that their prices are the same as they are out in the 'burbs. I know their rents are outrageous, so I'm not sure how they manage this.
Frequent Contributor

I love Nick's products, too. Many years ago I had ordered the Plump and Think set. After I used it a few times, my hairdresser asked me what I was using because my hair was so much thicker. I still use his flocker and his hair spray. I think I currently have the one with the argon oil. I also like the Wen products, but like to switch back and forth. I am going to e-mail QVC about having him on more. Don't know if it will do any good, but maybe if they get enough of us sending in a request, they will put him on more. He deserves at least 1 hour of just his products.

Super Contributor

On 7/24/2014 september said: Janice...would love to do that. My daughter won't be making her move for about 6 months, but after that time, I'll be in SoCal more. I'm glad to hear the prices are reasonable. I went to a Dry Bar in San Francisco a few weekends ago, and was a bit surprised to see that their prices are the same as they are out in the 'burbs. I know their rents are outrageous, so I'm not sure how they manage this.

I live in Pleasanton, about 35 miles from San Francisco. Prices here for everything from rents to food are outrageous, but my family's here, so I really don't want to live anywhere else. Costs are lower in So CA than they are here, which is one of the reasons why I go down there to see Nick. I worked in SF for 17 years, and got really sick of it. I'd rather go to LA than SF!

Janice

Respected Contributor

On 7/24/2014 Kathy19078 said:

I love Nick's products, too. Many years ago I had ordered the Plump and Think set. After I used it a few times, my hairdresser asked me what I was using because my hair was so much thicker. I still use his flocker and his hair spray. I think I currently have the one with the argon oil. I also like the Wen products, but like to switch back and forth. I am going to e-mail QVC about having him on more. Don't know if it will do any good, but maybe if they get enough of us sending in a request, they will put him on more. He deserves at least 1 hour of just his products.

Welcome. I e-mailed QVC to ask them to carry more of Nick's products, like his Easy Styler and nail polish kits. If you're interested, there's a Nick Chavez 5 piece Advanced Plump N' Thick Collection on QVC, but it's on waitlist. The item number for it is A260296. Nick was so popular yesterday, both the Plump N' Thick Collection and the Velvet Mesquite Serum sold out.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

On 7/24/2014 Jangroomer said:

I love the Soft Flocker! I have a short, layered cut with fine, thin hair, and I use the Soft Flocker on dry hair, and it really adds a lot of volume. It's a great product!

Janice

Thank you... just now returning to this thread.

Does anyone have anything to add concerning their experience with the soft flocker?

Thin, baby-fine hair here... during the week anything "gooey" in my hair and it must be washed. Sometimes, I do not have the time to wash it more times. Also, sensitive scalp. TIA for replies

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Contributor

My favorite Nick product was the CURLS shampoo and conditioner. It was specifically for curly hair and it was the best! But it's no longer made {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I use the Amazon now, it's good, hair looks great, but just not the same as the CURLS. Think I'll try the Traditions set and see how that does with my curls.

I also liked Angel Wings - but I don't think it's made anymore either.

What I really like about Nick is that he explains the products use and actually styles the models hair on air! The hair isn't done "behind the scenes" under a cloke of mystery. You can see the styling technique and way to use the products.

Regular Contributor

I sure miss our Nick. Was sooo happy he was on again, but only for an hour. Love his educational shows. He explains everything. I have his serum on wait list. I was too late to order. Wished I could order more if my budget would allow. Next trip hopefully. Wished he could get a TSV. Comeon qvc. we want Nick""" more Nick, please"" Oh, I use to have the Curls too and Loved it. And the Infinity mist"" Traditions with horsetail root, Killer Body shampoo and Conditioner also Caviar shampoo and Conditioner. We need a TSV. Thank you for this thread.