Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do moms of young girls think of this?

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

Very suspect.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

hRe: What do moms of young girls think of this?

Moms of young girls? I am the mother of grown young men and I was a teacher.

The parents are morons. Whoever knows about this situation, including OP, should absolutely call the police. Tell them what is going on and to have the police see if this guy has a police record as a child molester and to have an officer/ detective go to the child's home, educate the parents TODAY and possibly approach the guy to cease and desist.

Textbook case. Gain the trust of the parents and child. The rest is easy, especially with such a young girl and such idiotic parents.

BTW: it does not matter if this guy gave the child a dandelion. The type of flowers is irrelevant., just makes it extra creepy.

Honored Contributor

I'd make it clear my daughter never gets to see the arrangements and they are being donated to the front desk of a nursing home/homeless shelter.....anything but to my child.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: hRe: What do moms of young girls think of this?

[ Edited ]

Could have predicted the parents' reaction before I read it.  Not surprising to me.  

It's like they don't live in a world with news. 

I don't know if he's consciously a predator at this point.  But the more he does and the more the parents think it's wonderful, why wouldn't he "go there"?

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: hRe: What do moms of young girls think of this?

How  much talk/ posting about this has to happen before someone steps in to save the child from this pervert? OP??

Honored Contributor

@lil spot wrote:

It's called Grooming.

Child grooming is befriending and establishing an emotional connection with a child, and sometimes the family, to lower the child's inhibitions with the objective of sexual abuse.

Yes, I couldn't recall the term but this is a classic case of Child Grooming.  He is establishing hisself as her "special friend" who loves and adores her.  No doubt he has sized the parents up as being gullible.  My guess is that he treats the parents well too so that look foward to having him in their home.      

Honored Contributor

I agree with the posters, this is definitely a red flag situation and the parents are responsible to stop it.  I do hope they come to their senses and realize how serious this situation is or someone points it out so they open their eyes.

Trusted Contributor

It’s hard to believe parents can be this stupid. I hope someone calls Social Services right away.

Trusted Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I'm not the mother of a young girl, but I do have an adult daughter. If this had happened when dd was young....I'd be sending those flowers right back. The man is thinking way too much about that little girl, imho.

I have a daughter and a 6 year old granddaughter.  If this occurred with my grandchild..I would personally take the flowers back to the neighbor and say “This is highly inappropriate and don’t let it happen again”.    I would not care if he was offended whatsoever.   

It should require no explanation.   Something is just not right here.