Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi fellow Moms,

Last night I took in my son's best friend. I'm SO happy to do this for her and for her Mom as well. (this is ALL legal as I wouldn't do it any other way, which is why it took a while to get done)

They did not have a good relationship in any way and her Mom has to think of her other kids and the strain this whole situation has put on them all. It's been a real hard time. She's run away before just to get out of that house.

She'll be with us until she starts college in the fall and I would really appreciate prayers and good thoughts to be able to make it through this difficult time (for her more than me).

Thank you.

JB

Esteemed Contributor

@JB116 First of all BLESS YOU for taking this girl in not many people would have, and 2nd of all prayers being sent to all of you, I send you nothing but the best of wishes!

Frequent Contributor

Sounds like you're a born nurturer.  Good luck and my prayers go for both of you.

Esteemed Contributor

God Bless you, and I hope it all goes well.

I've done the same thing, and would do it again.

I was looking through some old cards today, and found some from a young lady who stayed with us quite a bit. Her father wasn't around and the mom had problems with drugs and alcohol. I'm glad we did it. Years from now, when you look back on this time, it may occur to you as it did to me today, just how much it really did help your son's friend out.

I'm not saying that I saved a life, I didn't. But the way the world is now, you really may be.

I will certainly be keeping all of you in my prayers.

Regular Contributor

Re: Taking in a teenager

[ Edited ]

@Halidon wrote:

Sounds like you're a born nurturer.  Good luck and my prayers go for both of you.

Thank you.

I feel so much for her situation because I had the same kind of relationship with my Dad growing up. My father was physically and verbally abusive to me so I would be anywhere but home unless I had to be.

I also see it from her Mom's perspective as I gave my ex-husband custody of our youngest son because it was in his best interests. SUCH a hard decision but it was for his benefit.

I just feel for the entire situation so I knew I had to help.

So I now have two 17 year olds at home...but I'm thankful they are both good kids. I never had to deal with a daughter so this is definitely a new situation and lots for me to deal with and learn, even though she's nearly an adult!

Honored Contributor

Image result for sending good thoughts images

Honored Contributor

So many kids need this.  You are doing a very kind service, and I'm sending prayers for your support...

Trusted Contributor

Bless your generous, caring heart : )

Honored Contributor

It seems like a kind gesture taking this girl in.  Aren't you fearful that you're playing Russian Roulette having two teenage "friends" of the opposite sex living in the same household and often being alone? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

Re: Taking in a teenager

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

It seems like a kind gesture taking this girl in.  Aren't you fearful that you're playing Russian Roulette having two teenage "friends" of the opposite sex living in the same household and often being alone? 

Not at all. One is gay and the other has a boyfriend.