Super Contributor

Re: Noisy Kids in public places?

Businesses will eventually lose business if children annoy customers. I'm seeing more business managers telling parents to control their children or please leave. Two of our local medical facilitates have posted signs," Please control your children as not to stress others." I stopped going to a favorite beauty salon because it was often frequented by unruly children who were running and leaving toys on the floor. Those are dangerous conditions for the elderly!!

Trusted Contributor

I hate & despise loud, obnoxious humans.
Super Contributor

On 11/5/2014 ritasNo1Fan said: I hate & despise loud, obnoxious humans.

How can anyone "hate & despise" another human being? Hate is a strong word, and should be used appropriately. I can understand a little kid using such words, but not a grown up.

Honored Contributor

As a Mother of 3 (now adult) daughters and 8 grandchildren (ages 2 through 12) I can tell you I think it is the fault of the parents.

Don't blame the child. Even though I don't work I often seem to hit the grocery store at a time when parents (and their children) are coming home from work.

Adults must remember these dear children have been at daycare then (some) school, then daycare all day long.

Then they get picked up and end up at these stores (often grocery shopping at night).

Come on parents! Good grief! Do some planning! Give up a Saturday or a Sunday. Make a different time for grocery or store shopping.

It's not fair to others but mostly it isn't fair to the children to drag them to the store.

There are very few people who don't get at least one day off a week. Work around your child and his or her habits/sleep, etc.

I'm lucky (as are my daughters) because we've never worked and had to take the children to the store in the evenings. Even though my daughter makes sure her children are rested and usually it's early in the day when she runs her errands.

On Saturdays, she and/or her husband get up early, go to soccer, etc and take turns watching the younger children. It's not their idea of fun to sit in the car all of the time.

I just think parents often don't want to plan out their grocery shopping so they take the child right after picking it up from daycare.

I see these poor harried parents who look so tired, it's sad.

I think the simple answer if for the parents to plan their time better. I don't want to hear about how parents are so busy these days and bla bla.

There have always been parents who work and take their children to daycare.

Obviously, more parents plan out their time because (thank goodness) maybe out of 10 working parents there are only 3 maybe 4 who constantly feel the need to drag little Johnny to the store AFTER work.

For the most part parents do a good job working around their child. That's good for everyone but most importantly it's best for the child.

Respected Contributor

I agree that some parents try to have it all and end up taking kids into public places where and when they are apt to act out. Whether it is a matter of age, temperment or special needs, children should NOT be in a place where they are likely to misbehave. I really don't know why these parents don't use the conveniences of Amazon subscribe and save and market basket more. That is what my DIL does.

Super Contributor

On 11/5/2014 RubyinNE said:

How can anyone "hate & despise" another human being? Hate is a strong word, and should be used appropriately. I can understand a little kid using such words, but not a grown up.

I can assure you that in this day and age, it is perfectly normal to hate and despise other humans. I do as well. The behavior of said humans, young and older, which is what we are discussing here, is the impetus for these feelings. If people were not overloaded by these experiences, then hate and despise might never come into play. We might all just get mildly annoyed instead if the occurrences were infrequent. Unfortunately, encountering well-behaved, well-mannered people, both children and adults, is NOT the norm. It is the exception. Thus, as human beings, those who are honest about their feelings anyway, we can build up some very strong feelings in response to constant exposure to the rudeness and loudness of others. And, I do not feel the need to shame others by implying they are children just for being honest about how they feel. I applaud the honesty of a great many posters in this thread. Some of them are my heroes, as a matter of fact. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and feelings, whether you agree with them or not. Castigating them for using a public forum for what it was meant for is a little selfish.
Super Contributor

Cinder63 and Tnkrbl44, you are both awesome! Totally my heroes, along with many others who have posted on this thread!
Trusted Contributor

On 11/5/2014 RubyinNE said:

I still abhor obnoxious humanity, no matter what YOU say.
New Contributor

My "children " are all in their forties now, but one of my worst memories is one time my then DH and I took the three kids to the mall. The baby was only about one month old, only girl, and of course I found an adorable little dress I just had to buy. I had my ex hold her, and stand by to watch her two brothers. The boys were just turned two and three. I was writing a check when my mommy radar became aware of giggling and running noise . I turned around and my ex was standing, not two feet away from my sons, who were running wildly under one of the racks that hold baby clothes. It was circular and dresses were flying everywhere. I nearly died. I gave orders to my ex to go finish paying for my stuff. I gave both boys "the look" and grabbed each by an arm and told them to not move a centimeter. I then picked up the clothes, inspected them, and put them back in order. I couldn't see any damage. Next I took the "criminals" up to the counter and had them apologize. Of course I also apologized profusely and got out of the store before anything else happened. I asked my ex what the heck was he doing, and he said something to the effect that they were just kids and that's what kids do. I'm sure other people had to have seen this and thought I was a terrible mother (so did I ,at the moment.) Ruth
Respected Contributor

No, I would have seen your ex and KNOWN he was an idiot.