Trusted Contributor

Kids sitting in the shopping cart seat warning!

A friend was telling me a story today that she heard about a mom that put her toddler in the seat of the shopping cart at a grocery store.  Shortly after she started to shop, the child started crying and kept trying to get out of the seat.  When he wouldn't stop the hysterical crying, the mom finally picked him up.  He was only wearing shorts, and apparently whatever the store used to disinfect the cart was burning his little legs!  Poor thing!!!  

Please pass this info along to any moms so they are aware and can keep the kiddos safe!

~LdyBugz

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kids sitting in the shopping cart seat warning!

@LdyBugz :  I was just saying to DH that all these industrial strength chemicals that are being sprayed everywhere are going to start causing big problems.  Imagine if that stuff can irritate sensitive skin imagine what it can do to lungs (especially the poor employees whose jobs entail doing this all day).

Honored Contributor

That is so sad!

I would have realized something was wrong!

Poor little guyWoman Sad

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@patbz Yes, time will tell what impact all this stuff will have on people.  I know they have sprayed all of the offices at work with heaven knows what.  We all have been teleworking since mid-March and have the option to permanently stay as a teleworker, which I am going to do.  I do have to go in though to get all of my personal stuff.  What I do bring home will get a wipe down with something not so toxic. 

Trusted Contributor

@on the bay I know!  So sad, and scarey! I hope he didn't touch his little eyes if it was on his hands, too!  😥

Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz -

ooo yes, I didn't think about the eyes.

It must have been still wet.

I told my daughter about it, so thank you cause I don't think I would have thought about that.

Speaking of stuff like that,

I have some non-toxic bug spray I got last year but my little grandson I think touched the bottle and his eyes started to hurt. That is what we think happened. Either that or his sandbox. I splashed water in his eye, but read the bottle and it did say keep away from eyes! I don't think that is what I would think of as non-toxic but I guess you could say that about lemons in your eye!

Anyway that bottle is out of reach and now we'll know.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay It's next to impossible to protect the kiddos from everything!  I had something similar happen to my granddauughter.  I put what I thought was a good brand of sunscreen on her.  Low and behold she got it on on her fingers and then in her eyes!  I felt so bad!  😞  

Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz 

Thank you for sharing.  I will pass this along to my niece who has a young child, although, she uses the cover for the seat in the cart.

Today, on a personal note: I appreciate Publix has someone spray sanitizer & wipe down seat area & the handle.  I told the young kid today "you need to wring out the rag this is really wet".  He looked at me like I had 2 heads.  I asked him for paper towel to dry it off -- with this he looked puzzled🤷‍♀️

The carts are literally dripping water and seat area is wet.  Since the young man didn't quite understand I was going mentioned to CS manager (I know) and ironically, the lady before me was discussing same issue.

WM now is using a "sprayer" and what a mess this is -- the clerk does this when you take a cart.  This is appreciated but stand back or you're "sanitized" too😉.  

I now have a stash of folded paper towels to dry the cart in my pocketbook beside my own wipes.

Esteemed Contributor

There will be TV commerials in the future that say "did you or a loved one use hand sanitizer, disinfectant, Lysol, etc and you are now suffering from........????

Call this 800 number - you may be eligible for compensation.....

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Putting a child directly  into a grocery store cart is gross!

I have purchased a cloth liner that covers the cart handles and the seat area completely. It is washable and reusable.  I often give them as baby shower gifts.

There is nothing worse than seeing a toddler with their mouth on the cart handles.

This item should be mandatory since Covid 19.

70532295-099F-4D9D-A31C-EB366F36035A.jpeg