Honored Contributor

Re: Can you believe this comment,...at Thanksgiving.??

Your cousin was being rude. I just read the advice column in our newspaper today in which the size 4 MIL constantly gives her DIL of twenty years exercise tapes and diet books. Since the husband hasn't done much to discourage his mother's behavior over the years, the advice she was given was to ask her MIL "how's that working for you?" That way, it is clear to the MIL, that the problem is hers and not one the wife or her husband are fussing over.

Frequent Contributor

Ok, I agree maybe I shouldn't be quite so sensitive....you know how it is after a baby...had been trying to find something to wear that actually fit, ( maternity clothes too big, regular clothes too small...)so worth it though for my little guy, he is so sweet Smiley Wink guess I shouldn't get my feathers ruffled... But, still rude I think....
Valued Contributor

For me I find this comment RUDE, and MEAN spirited, but people nowadays....don't have any respect for ANYONE....so whatever they THINK...they say....

For me, the best revenge is LOOKING GOOD...and LIVING A GOOD LIFE....if you are loosing weight....good for you...I've been trying to loose 20 lbs since 2012....but the best revenge is to look good and live well........so use her as inspiration....

Have a good life for you and your kids, live well, be happy, be wealthy in spirit and mind and possessions (if possible)...that is the best REVENGE!!

Frequent Contributor

Oh, and I forgot to mention....he was almost 10 lbs at birth !....so keeping him fed right now is a full time job! Smiley Wink don't guess that really makes a difference, but just wanted to add Smiley Wink
Honored Contributor

Rude, jealous and lazy. Sounds like she didn't want to take a minute to get you what you asked her for.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

Those types of comments bother me the more I think about them later. Its amazing how relatives say things that they would never say to a stranger. She is either rude or dumb or both.

Valued Contributor

Wow. Your cousin must have been having a bad day, and hopefully she isn't normally that catty and mean! Even if you hadn't recently given birth and were carrying some extra baby weight, no one should make comments like that to another person, especially on Thanksgiving. No one should make you feel bad about yourself. The problem is her, not you.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, I don't get the 'jealous' part some are citing... That said, the remark was insensitive...

OP, I'd think a simple response that while you might be watching your weight (if you are), you plan to enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner like everyone else and now dear cousin, would you please stop passing judgement and simply pass the rolls (or whatever it was)... might have been ideal...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Rude.......Rude........Rude!

Did I say RUDE!!!!!!!!!!

Super Contributor

absolutely horrible. It is NO ONES business what someone else eats or how much they weigh. That was plain mean and not nice. The person must be very controlling and self absorbed. Family really stinks sometimes.....