Valued Contributor

Re: Can you believe this comment,...at Thanksgiving.??

ie: ""I wasn't sure that you wanted this because you are always watching your weight."" I remember a comment made by my sister in-law about a maxi skirt I had on. She said it in front of all of the guest at a party. I was so hurt. I avoid her and just interact enough so as not to upset my husband. I've come to the conclusion that some people are ignorant and insensitive until it comes to them.

Valued Contributor

Bye the way nos.78 and 80 are from me

Honored Contributor

I am tired of the weight concious people..I don't have a weight problem but I am sure sick of hearing others make rude comments about some else's weght.It is a very mean person to talk like that to you at dinner.
Honored Contributor

I would also be offended if I were you.....you could have responded ""why would you think that?"" and put her on the spot to say something else...embarrass the heck out of her...but of course we always think of snappy comebacks when it's too late...

Your cousin was rude and insensitive; I would not go out of my way to spend time with her if you have a choice.

Frequent Contributor

I agree..I always think of something good to say a day later ...I saw her again this weekend and didn't really have much desire to be around her...not really mad about anything just no desire to hear what she has to say about anything.
Trusted Contributor

Don't know how old you are, but 21 years old is still a kid. I'd give her a pass.
Frequent Contributor

I'm 32, would have never said that even at 21....I know she doesn't know anything about what it's like to have a baby, but u would think she would know a little something about good manners by now.....obviously not....or, just wanting to be mean ....
Super Contributor

I think a lot of commenters are missing the point that your cousin ignored your first request for the gravy. It was a lot more than just a misguided comment. She deliberately did not pass the gravy, then made the rude comment.

Honored Contributor

On 11/29/2014 StuffyBug said:
On 11/29/2014 chrystaltree said: I wouldn't have thought anything about it at all. Dieting is now our national sport in this country, everyone is on a diet. She wasn't being catty, she didn't know what to put on your plate. Its not like dieting or being over your prefered weight after a baby is a din. Good thing you didnt say anything, this was about your insecurity.
Are you serious? Read the other posts; this had nothing to do with the OP's "insecurity."

I agree with StuffyBug....it was uncalled for and a very judgmental and ignorant remark.