Frequent Contributor

Can you believe this comment,...at Thanksgiving.??

Ok, there's really no point to this discussion...but just gotta put this put there.... Would anyone, ever, in their right mind, make a comment about someone weight at the Thanksgiving table, in from of the whole family?.?.?...... I had been nursing our new baby, 9 weeks old, and came to the table after everyone was already eating....so, was fixing my plate and asked a cousin to put something on my plate for me so I didn't have to reach over, because everyone was already seated...had to ask a second time, thought she didn't hear me.....and she says, " oh, I didn't know if you were watching your weight ". Seriously?....I didn't know what to say.....oh and by the way, this is my fourth baby....since I have thought about it I am a little bit ticked off......ok, a lot . What would you think of this?
Respected Contributor

Re: Can you believe this comment,...at Thanksgiving.??

Your cousin is RUDE and what a horrible thing to say!! If she was at my house, I think I would have sort of seriously, " Ok, you can leave now." Smiley Happy.
Trusted Contributor

No big deal. Could have been worse.
Honored Contributor

My relatives used to comment on weight all the time. No matter what the occasion.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Contributor

Rude rude RUDE.

Insensitive.

Bitter.

Jealous.

Did I miss anything?

RUDE!!!

Frequent Contributor

Hahaha....NYCShopper14, wish you would have been eating with us!...where were you when I needed you?..lol....my family never says anything shut weight, we are all generally healthy, active ....she is quite a bit younger than me, and not that it matters, but I was 120 lbs when I got pregnant with #4. I would never say this to any woman, much less a woman who just had a baby..... Guess I am just stewing over it since I didn't say what I wanted to in response......but, guess that's what you get for trying to have a little class....
Trusted Contributor

I would think NOTHING of it. I don't let what stupid people say bother me. I know who I am, and WHOSE I am. There is no accounting for taste, but by the time you are grown you should be aware of this and have developed a thicker skin.

You should have enjoyed your meal and been thankful. Forget her, but pray she becomes enlightened one day.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't have thought anything about it at all. Dieting is now our national sport in this country, everyone is on a diet. She wasn't being catty, she didn't know what to put on your plate. Its not like dieting or being over your prefered weight after a baby is a din. Good thing you didnt say anything, this was about your insecurity.
Honored Contributor

Nothing to get into a huff over . . . but rude nonetheless.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

I think it was insensitive, but perhaps she meant nothing by it. Congratulations on your new little one.