Respected Contributor

@Growing He's not interested in the paranormal, but thank you for the other suggestions.  I appreciate it.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

Forgive me for not reading the entire thread, but my nephew is about the same age as OPs. He just now has become independent, he is gaining self confidence, and if he finds the right lady, she will find a loving, well grounded mate.

Respected Contributor

@FLgardener  I gather you are in Florida..... May I ask whereabouts?  Is your nephew near you?  I'm only asking since you mention they are about the same age I was wondering if he may be close?  We're in the  Ft Lauderdale area.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

@SloopJohnB , My nephew is in north central FL. His main issue is keeping track of his finances. With his parents' support, that is smooth.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@SloopJohnB  Does your son jog or run?

2 of my sons are avid joggers & runners as well as their wives.  Guess how they met? Smiley Wink

We have a local running group. They have a very popular Winter Series Run. Every week it is a different course and objective. It gets more popular every year. They do the Winter Series to keep everyone running throughout the winter. We are not in Florida so there is cold, snow and ice to deal with during winter. They run through an absolutely beautiful park.

They also have many events, races, runs and meetings throughout the year.

We also are members of a Collie Rescue Group. PreCovid we had picnics and numerous events throughout the year. There are numerous Pet Fairs. Get to meet tons of people and all their pets.

Once things start easing up, I think the best way to meet people is to get out and about. Find a hobby that your son likes or try something that interests him.