Trusted Contributor

If you have ever had a little girl with long hair, this is one of your worst nightmares as it pertains to her hair.

It took the women over 20 hours to remove 150 velcro like toys from her daughters hair.

https://people.com/parents/mom-combs-bunchems-out-of-daughters-hair-20-hours-photo/

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my! 😳

Esteemed Contributor

OMG!! That child is lucky she had such a patient mom.She could have lost all her hair. Glad it worked out.

Honored Contributor

Wow!  Glad to hear that they didn't have to cut her hair which is what many parents would have done.  I hope they trashed those toys!

Respected Contributor

I saw that article and I was horrified!  I was so thankful that never happened on my watch as a pre K teacher or a grandmother!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hair Horror Tale

[ Edited ]

Sounds like a terrible experience for the child.  I am sure there were tons of tears.  I wonder if the mom saved the hair for the child or for herself because mom likes it long.  A good thing about hair in this type of situation is that we have no reason to think the child's hair wouldn't have grown back.  The child might have been less traumatized with a haircut.

My hair is naturally gray due to aging, I stopped coloring my hair last January, and all the permanent color dye has now grown out, with my hair cut to just past the shoulder.  I am in my 50s, and my hair is not as thick as it once was.  I tend to think the child's hair would have grown faster than mine, so she would have done well with a hair cut, unless she really like that long hair.  I don't know that 6 year olds care that much about hair length. 

ps, I am pretty sure I'll color again!  I was curious what it would look like and the "shutdown" gave me a chance to see.  Time for experimentation...

Respected Contributor

Crazy. The only thing I would do is reach for the scissors.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I was a child with long blonde hair.  My issue was sand!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

This is not a new story, I remember seeing it a few years ago.  

I would have gotten the scissors!

Esteemed Contributor

That poor little girl, hurts my head just thinking about it.