Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO 

Uh, oh. I ordered a size up from my typical knit size of tunic for the Wood Block print. Hope I didn't outsmart myself. I ordered the blue version to wear w/ white linen pants and white jeans. I want it to be oversized/flowy ... but I also don't want to swim in it. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, my Ebony and Red has already shipped and are in my state. Curiously, they left a big UPS hub an hour south of me and now track a hard right to the west side of the state. That's new, but I have noticed some unusual zig zapping as I've tracked pkgs. Hopefully, I'll see these beauties very, very soon. I'm excited!

Respected Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@GraceCO 

Uh, oh. I ordered a size up from my typical knit size of tunic for the Wood Block print. Hope I didn't outsmart myself. I ordered the blue version to wear w/ white linen pants and white jeans. I want it to be oversized/flowy ... but I also don't want to swim in it. 

@kate2357 

If there's not a big difference in key measurements for you between sizes, you might be ok. I always check the chest & hip measurements & go from there. I hope it works out for you. Might want to put your usual size on check hold, just in case. That's what I usually do when it's a popular item that might sell out in my size/color. Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @GraceCO , its always nice to see you here. Hope all is as well as can be on your end. 

You made an excellent suggestion for @kate2357 to place her smaller size on checkhold. I look at the shoulder, bust and sweep measurements. I compared this new WB Print, the recent Classic Print and the popular Ombre' Print tops and the Woodblock Print is a bit smaller than the other two garments. I need a good fit in the shoulder and am wondering if my normal size will be adequate. Also the sweep is the smallest of the three. With this style I prefer an easy drape, fluid enough to be comfortable in hot weather...without being too big. 

Hopefully, I'll be able to comment on the fit by the weekend. Stay well. ♡♡♡

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

Hi @GraceCO , its always nice to see you here. Hope all is as well as can be on your end. 

You made an excellent suggestion for @kate2357 to place her smaller size on checkhold. I look at the shoulder, bust and sweep measurements. I compared this new WB Print, the recent Classic Print and the popular Ombre' Print tops and the Woodblock Print is a bit smaller than the other two garments. I need a good fit in the shoulder and am wondering if my normal size will be adequate. Also the sweep is the smallest of the three. With this style I prefer an easy drape, fluid enough to be comfortable in hot weather...without being too big. 

Hopefully, I'll be able to comment on the fit by the weekend. Stay well. ♡♡♡

@rochelleS 

Hi Rochelle! Thank you for your kind words. So sweet of you. I hope you are doing well, too. We're all just hanging in there making the best of this weird time we're in. I keep reminding myself, "this too shall pass." And, it's nice to have new Linea as a distraction Smiley Wink 

I think you'll really like this tunic. I was surprised by how much I did, as I tend to stay away from prints. But, I wound up purchasing it in every color. It's ideal for the dry climate in Colorado, which in the summer, runs hot during the day and cool at night. But, many of us will still be "safer at home" and in an A/C home, it's perfect. Because the fabric is breathable and won't stick to the body in hot weather, it should be comfortable to wear even in humidity. I'll be wearing it over white slim jeans, the ponte crops or the drapey "beach" pants (A351460). Comfortable dressing.

You mentioned the sweep...because of the side slits, it's roomy and drapey, but not in a "sloppy" way. If you ordered your usual size, you should be just fine on the fit. Hope you get your delivery over the next couple days. I look forward to hearing what you think.  Stay well and take good care Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WOODBLOCK PRINT

[ Edited ]

@GraceCO 

I fell in love with the Woodblock Print as soon as I saw it! As I read your and other comments here, I suspect I'll likely end up with all of the colors. This (A293757) is one of my favorite Linea ethnic prints that I've thoroughly enjoyed wearing. It was so popular. I own/love all three colors in this fabulous top. It was too easy to be highly attracted to the new WB print.

Screenshot_20200612-105457_Chrome.jpg

I appreciate your comments about the sweep, the side slits and the fit. I have broad shoulders and that's really where I'll be focusing. This measurement is the smallest between the new Classic Print and the Ombre'. I'll just have to wait a bit longer as my package traverses its way around MI. 🙄 

Yes..."this too shall pass." Yet we can not be too careful! My sister just resumed her physical therapy after months of being home. She, we, the family have been especially conscientious with the birth of her grandson in April. She was deemed an essential patient since the beginning of this mess but opted out because of the pending arrival. After a couple sessions, she unfortunately learned one of the therapists has tested positive for the virus. Asymptomatic too. So there's no ceiling as to the caution and risk still inherent. Scary, scary times. And like you, I am distracting myself with Linea, both new and old...I'm awaiting another '08 vintage piece from the bay and will share when it arrives. It's new to me but looks to be another special gem.

Be well, stay well and have a great weekend too! ♡♡♡

Esteemed Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@GraceCO 

I should not have sized up on the Wood Black tunic. It was beyond flowy. Ugh. It took over 3 weeks to arrive and 1 minute to know I made a mistake ordering the wrong size. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."