Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Glory Days.......Feb. 2006!

@JustJazzmom 

T

The cat I'd described to @CGee is a semi friendly feral. I thought she was lost when I first saw her and called our animal control. No missing tuxedo cats had been reported. She was shy but didn't scamper away like the wild ones usually do. I'd put food out and shed just back away so I could open the door. Shortly she'd bang on the screen when she arrived and let me touch her paw. It was really quite sweet. My cat would go nuts but eventually just sat and watched her. He's getting old and with health issues it'd be too stressful to try and take her in. But I still will look out for her and put food and water out. It's those darn coons that'll sneak in and steal her food..

I have idiot neighbors who let their dogs out for hours in this awful weather. I call the police when I hear the animal crying. It's pitiful and these folks with their kids go back to the big screen and don't hear nor care if their pet is suffering. Disgusting. 

Regular Contributor

@crazycockermom  Oh give ebay another try! Type in Linea Louis plus a word like skirt. Put in a minus next to what you don't want to see, like sizes you don't want -xs or colors you don't wear like -red, then hit search. Keep adding those minuses until you have the size and color range you want, and then save the search. Ebay will email you every day when there are new items.

Poshmark has many fewer items and they do not have saved searches and emails, but they stand behind their products well.

I have had good luck both places and have seen not just 2019 and 2020 items at low prices, but beautiful vintage things in perfect condition.

And soon, those will be the only places we will be able to shop for Linea. Which is so sad.

Respected Contributor

@CGee
Thank you for all the tips! I will give it another try. I was ready to give up. LOL. Thanks so much!!
Regular Contributor

@crazycockermom  Happy hunting!

@rochelleS is a master vintage Linea shopper. One of her great tips to me was to enter the A item number at QVC to read old reviews (and sometimes the garment measurements are still up). I have found that I have to go to the QVC home page to make that entry.

Let us know when you find something wonderful.

Regular Contributor

@rochelleS I too am deeply sad that Louis will not be designing here anymore. I just unwrapped my last Linea purchases (some jewelry) with a heavy heart.

Happy though that Louis is healthy and in touch with us all.

Now, you have to try Poshmark again -- that is where I got my latest vintage finds -- both the mint and the butter tweed jackets from March 2005. Both new. Stunning fabric, lining, cut. Oh, Louis.

We are warm and well and feel fortunate. Sad to hear about your neighbor dogs that are not properly cared for. Hope your Mike cat and feral girl make it to the balmy spring weather. 

Frequent Contributor

These are such classic, beautiful, and forever timeless styles.  I just received 2 jewelry items by Louis,  and as I held them I thought with sadness that I will miss these small tokens of Louis' genius.  I simply cannot understand QVC's thinking that they will not financially see a loss in not continuing their association with LINEA.  I know I feel a loss..........

Honored Contributor

rochelle,

You have always been so kind and helpful to me online, and I will miss you, too.  The Linea forum, the new fashions introduced by Louis each season -- the thrill of receiving something that took our eye -- all of that will soon be entirely a memory.

We made many good Linea memories, that's for sure.  Like so many others, in the end, my excess had a method to the madness of buying extravagantly.  What I own is all that I'll ever own of the latest Linea. 

In time, all the hosts and all the present vendors will be retired out.  NOTHING LASTS FOREVER.  

Honored Contributor

Let Bruce sing about those Glory Days to lift us up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccS8iFXgFI

Trusted Contributor

That is a beautiful collection! I don't remember when I first discovered Linea. It was around the time he had the embroidered boiled wool coat. I still have mine in black. What year was that?

Originally joined board 12-14-2004