Respected Contributor

Sneak Peek - Cowrie Shell Necklace!

F187C38E-2149-4598-AD6A-4BA11AAEC01C.jpeg

....Above, is a marvelous book called……..”THE SHELL” by Hugh and Marguerite Stix, and R. Tucker Abbott….photography by H. Landshoff………It is truly amazing and has been a source of inspiration for me for many many years…….”Sea Shells have enchanted mankind, apparently, as far back as human records go. Small wonder that people have always found pleasure in owning them, and artists and craftsmen have incorporated them in everything ranging from massive architecture to personal jewelry. Today the passion for shell collecting is greater than ever, and all over the world the fraternity of shell collectors grows.” ……Sea shells are a very special and unique gift of nature…..Shells have be used in every way possible, and for centuries have even been used as musical instruments…..They appear in some of the most famous paintings ever done by some of the most renown artists…like Rubens and Botticelli…to name just two. I too have collected shells over the years, and above are two glass bowls filled with beautiful shells………This Spring /Summer I will be bringing to you a great variety of “shell” jewelry……The first is the “TIGER COWIE” necklace……………….enjoy………………………..much Love……………………….Louis

A15F64EC-6E07-409A-9551-C80BD36FD7CE.jpeg……The TIGER COWIE SHELL NECKLACE is a beautiful gift from nature. It looks fabulous with ivory, tans, natural linen and flax as well as all shades of browns….from latte, to mocha to chocolate to walnut and espresso………It’s also a wonderful accent to many colors like pinks, tangerines, lines, aqua etc etc………enjoy…………….much Love………………..Louis

92790361-E6BD-4ADC-AE4D-5C1112552564.jpeg

………….I am a lover of shells….all kinds of shells. I used to collect them taking walks on the Florida beaches with my Mother. We had wonderful long talks. I miss those times with just her and me, but I do have my memories…………….I am a collector, but not like some who have them mounted, and in lucite cases hanging on the wall. Mine are just kept in glass bowls around the house  so I can look at them up close…..pick them up and feel them……..Shells in general have had a strong presence on the fashion runways. For Spring 2020 Prada showed huge real shell necklaces…most of them chokers…..This is the first time I am using shells for Linea….REAL SHELLS, and I’m so happy I can bring these exceptional pieces to you…….The necklace above is called the “TIGER COWIE SHELL NECKLACE”, which is the name of the shell…….There are two sizes of the Cowie shell being used. The six smaller shells are RIMED IN GOLD. Then at the bottom is the single larger shell…………..They are dangling from a beautiful chain………….Remember, these are REAL SHELLS, so each shell will be different therefore each necklace slightly different………This Spring /Summer I will have touches of CHOCOLATE and ESPRESSO such as the chocolate top to the right which has been reordered. The TIGER COWIE SHELL necklace will add just the right touch. I will show the “CLASSIC GOLD HOOP”……for me a must have…………………………………………….enjoy……………………much Love………………………..Louis

Respected Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - Cowrie Shell Necklace!

These pictures are so much better than the ones on the jewelry site. It amazes that if Louis can photograph it correcly why can't QVC. To show it upside down is terrible.

Honored Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

These pictures are so much better than the ones on the jewelry site. It amazes that if Louis can photograph it correcly why can't QVC. To show it upside down is terrible.

Like I said: death by 1000 cuts! 

If I was just going by seeing the QVC photos, I would think: what is this?

Seeing it photographed the proper way, would make someone think this was a piece of artwork & buy it.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

More Q sabotage definitely, or really, could a stylist doing the photos have really thought the back was the best part to show???

Love it, rich and gorgeous, and I too love shells.  Ordered one.

Honored Contributor

I have a collection of large shells that one of my great grandmothers picked up on the beaches of Southern California in the late 1800s.  I have them displayed in a secretary in my living room.  They retired to Pasadena, CA from Iowa and my great grandfather brought his polo ponies with him.  

Respected Contributor

My cowrie shell necklace arrived yesterday and it is lovely, very bold, lots of drama, but not too much drama!

I tried it on both ways, and honestly it looks fine with the back of the shells showing, or the rounded nut-like front.  

Interesting find though, as I was browsing through some old magazines to keep or recycle I found a Ralph Lauren ad with big bold artisan type necklaces, beading, all layered together and one was a cowrie shell necklace, all the same size shells. 

The shells were shown with the opening part/back to the front!!  So perhaps that IS the way to wear this?  Then the gold rimming shows too.

I think though they will flip around a little as you move and it will be an interesting beautiful organic piece no matter what side you show to the world.  Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

author,

Nicely penned review.  

Respected Contributor

I received my Cowie shell necklace today and it is a beauty. Simple, elegant and fun. I will definitely wear it dressed up,  and casual with a v-neck white tee, Capri pants, sandals and a straw tote this summer. I tried to leave a review for this and the Gypsy coin necklace but it wouldn't go through and I tried a few times and gave up. Is anyone else having trouble or is it just me?

Trusted Contributor

I brought this issue to Louis' attention, and he responded that QVC said it's OUR FAULT because we don't know how to post reviews! I'm serious. I pointed out that there are ZERO reviews for all those pieces and this cannot be a coincidence. I am assuming that nothing will be done to fix it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@author wrote:

My cowrie shell necklace arrived yesterday and it is lovely, very bold, lots of drama, but not too much drama!

I tried it on both ways, and honestly it looks fine with the back of the shells showing, or the rounded nut-like front.  

Interesting find though, as I was browsing through some old magazines to keep or recycle I found a Ralph Lauren ad with big bold artisan type necklaces, beading, all layered together and one was a cowrie shell necklace, all the same size shells. 

The shells were shown with the opening part/back to the front!!  So perhaps that IS the way to wear this?  Then the gold rimming shows too.

I think though they will flip around a little as you move and it will be an interesting beautiful organic piece no matter what side you show to the world.  Cat Very Happy

@author   Thank you for sharing this.  I had some lovely shell necklaces in the 1980s that were quite expensive and some not so much.  I enjoyed wearing them.  Such a great summer favorite.   I am happy to see shell necklaces in favor again.