Respected Contributor

@GraceCO   What a fabulous idea, Grace!  Love the idea of using Pinterest Board!  I think I will embellish on your idea and create two boards.  Board one for all my Linea purchases and the second board I will use Louis' styling pictures where he creates the finished look!  If I have everything all in one place, I can "dress" quickly without giving it a thought!  Easy peasy!!  Thanks so much for your suggestion!

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO - Thanks so much for the information.  What size(s) did you get?  Did you get the set of 4 or the set of 6?  My space is 15" between the shelves, so I couldn't stack two 8" high bins.

Respected Contributor

Re: Organizing Ideas

[ Edited ]

@Lyn08  You're welcome! I have 9 bins, 3 on each shelf. When I purchased them years ago, I don't recall if they were offered in sets. I don't have room to stack two 8" bins either.

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO  Thanks for the info and the inspiration!

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO - Thanks so much for the info.  My shelves are 28" wide, 16" deep and 15" high.  8" high bins would not be tall enough, unless I also had the 5 1/2" high bin on top of the 8".  My problem is that I have too many clothes.

I am taking clothes to consignment (mostly non-Linea, but some Linea) this week.  I pulled out more clothes again today, and I'm trying to be ruthless about getting rid of things I'm no longer wearing.  It's too early in the season to take coats to consignment, but I have lots of Linea coats to get rid of.  They are like new, but how many do I need now that I'm no longer working?

Respected Contributor

@Lyn08  I actually stack sweaters above the allotted 8 inches in the bin and it works just fine. No toppling over. The sweaters in the middle bin can get wobbly, but the "ceiling" of the shelf gives the columns of sweaters structure. Those bins set the boundary, keeping it all in place and neat..

I'm also going through my clothes weeding them out. It's a process and I always dread it.  Like you, I definitely don't need as many clothes now. My challenge has been making the shift from buying clothing for an earlier chapter in my life! So, I do need to be ruthless now, too.

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO - I ordered one set of 8" tall sweater boxes, and I'll see how they work out.  They are expensive, so I  don't want to order more until I see how they work in my armoire.  I'm having them shipped to me, since the store is several miles from where I live, and it's free shipping because of the price.

I'll let you know how these work out for me.

I also need to pare down what I have in the armoire, my drawers and closets.  I dress more casually now, but I still like to look nice.

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO - I got the bins you mentioned from the Container Store.  I got the sweater bins and the shirt bins.  I stacked a shirt bin on top of a sweater bin.  I can only get two sweater bins and two shirt bins (stacked) on each shelf, and there is a small space between, where I can roll some tops.  

I think this will work, but I still have too many clothes!  I can't store as many tops in these bins that I had folded and rolled before on the shelves.  But that's okay -- I have one bag ready to go to donate.

Regular Contributor

New question re long term storage in bins.

I'm stocking up on Linea, now that Louis is retiring, via QVC and resellers. Am wondering if you ladies think it is okay to store brand new Safari shirts and Boho skirts in their QVC sealed plastic bags, inside closed plastic bins?

Trusted Contributor

@CGee wrote:

New question re long term storage in bins.

I'm stocking up on Linea, now that Louis is retiring, via QVC and resellers. Am wondering if you ladies think it is okay to store brand new Safari shirts and Boho skirts in their QVC sealed plastic bags, inside closed plastic bins?

@CGee  - I wouldn't store them in the plastic bags.  I know quilts and fine linens should never be wrapped in plastic.  Louis recommends you fold them with tissue paper in between.  I think they would be okay in bins if not packed too tightly.