Esteemed Contributor

Re: OK, Night Owls/Early Birds: What are you ordering?

[ Edited ]

@ChicShopper wrote:

Hi All.

I also need help in the Zebra Coat sizing.

I odered the blue/black in  medium but not sure if I should get the small.

The new Trench fits perfectly in size 12. I'm new to Linea and don't have much else to compare.

I'm 5ft 2  130 pounds and about a 36C.

Like someone else posted, the zebra says loose fit and the trench is more form fit.

Thanks in advance for the help.

@ChicShopperThis is only my opinion and none of us really know until someone gets it home BUT I looked at the measurements for both and I think you'll swim in the medium. The chest measurement for the trench in a 12 is 42 and for the zebra is it's 47.5 in medium. Even if you wanted some extra room, the small (chest 45) seems like it might be a better fit.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Re: OK, Night Owls/Early Birds.....What are you ordering?

JJM the Zebra coat is not a Swing coat, but it is naturally "roomy" to give it a relaxed, easy look. Louis said that Jac would even size up as she likes an even more relaxed look.

"She likes her easy coats to have room, and quite frankly I do too. I really dislike easy coats that look skimpy. She had it on in the show with the black leather blazer under it and would have wanted a sm instead of the xs. Even without the jacket she would prefer the sm. She likes a slightly over sized comfy look. I have to say the coat does not look over sized at all. It is IMHO the perfect shape and balance. Due to the half raglan sleeve there really isn’t a true shoulder measurement. Jac could get away with a 10 or medium. if she wanted to……….so in conclusion….if you are slight or have narrow shoulders…buy your size. If you like your coats to fit, as many do, without too too much extra room, buy your size, but if you have broad shoulders, are between sizes or just like the look of a more roomy coat, as Jac does, buy one size larger than you would a jacket."

Hope that helps...

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Contributor

I'm super confused on sizing. I ordered the medium zebra coat  but maybe I need the small?

The trench was perfect in the 12 but the zebra says loose fitting and the chest measurements seem large.

Help needed thanks!

Contributor

Thanks,, didn't see your post.. i'm thinking I need to change more order to a small ugh.. i hate guessing on sizing online but love love the zebra coat I must have it and pray it fits.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChicShopper wrote:

I'm super confused on sizing. I ordered the medium zebra coat  but maybe I need the small?

The trench was perfect in the 12 but the zebra says loose fitting and the chest measurements seem large.

Help needed thanks

It's designed to be roomy/loose fitting, so the measurements reflect that. Do you live in a climate where you might be wearing a blazer underneath it? A Medium is equivalent to a Size 10-12---so it you like the look that Louis showed on his models (there is at least 2 videos from on-air sneak peeks) then I'd stick with the Medium.

ZEBRA VIDEO  at 3;29

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

@ChicShopper

@gardensla

I also ordered a medium in the zebra and my trench coats are size 12. I don't have much room for layering in the trench, so I may just stick with the medium in the zebra and cross my fingers. Sizing is the toughest call these days.

Esteemed Contributor

It's only 2 or so inches between small and medium in the chest. Probably not a huge difference in terms of fit?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Contributor

I just changed my order to a small.. I don't wear a blazer underneath just a top.

Just nerve wracking!

Thanks everyone.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@ChicShopper Girl, they sure don't make it easy!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

@Maxine49, I thought I had talked myself out of buying the zebra coat but after re-watching the video you linked with Brenda in the tobacco coat I just talked myself back in.  Now I'm torn between the tobacco and the grey.