Respected Contributor

Re: My Gorgeous Linea Shantung Jacket Has Arrived!

I’m reading all these posts and kicking myself for missing out. When I finally decided I wanted the lime, my size was gone. But I will continue stalking it...
Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
I’m reading all these posts and kicking myself for missing out. When I finally decided I wanted the lime, my size was gone. But I will continue stalking it...

@crazycockermom 

Definitely keep stalking! Sizes will be popping up soon, as check holds are released or returns are made. You know the drill Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I hope some of you Linea Ladies will return your jackets.  I totally forgot to purchase and of course, when I remembered my size in the pink and turquoise were totally sold out.  I have enjoyed reading your reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO  Thanks for your patience in my finally getting back to you. To answer your question specifically, no the Lime is not as bright in person as the on air presentation. Mary Beth made this same comment during the airing. I've  reviewed the video, took some screen shots and some photos here at home. But do know this is a bright and beautiful color. And due the sheen of the fabric, which you can see on your turquoise, this enhances or livens up this shade much more than if it were a matte fabrication. I really do love it. It's different, full of life. If you can see yourself mixing brights with this than it very well be a great choice. Not to discount pairing with black or navy though. I just enjoy seeing the newer sapphire blue, an array of purples, magenta, turquoise, oranges and much much more, which would be really sharp with your new ivory/white Linea crops. Accessorizing with jewelry is another broad and playful adventure. This particular color just shouts out "FUN" for me and lights a creative path for dressing.

The first pics are screen shots from the video. I tried to capture how light it looked on air. The second two pics are mine. The first, without lighting and the 2nd with lights on almost directly above the garments. The actual color is somewhat right between. I hope this will bee helpful and hopefully those who have already received the Lime will share their thoughts too. ❤

*note... loading these pics I see the colors are different than my gallery photos. Especially the two I took at home. Not quite sure how to adjust that. I'll see what I can learn. I'm trying...

Screenshot_2019-05-03-15-59-39-1-1.pngScreenshot_2019-05-03-15-59-32-1.png20190503_150317-2-1.jpg20190503_150148-1-1.jpg

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS 

Wow--what a big difference between the two limes! So much more subtle. THANK YOU, THANK YOU for taking time to take the photos. Seeing is believing, which helped me decide to get the lime, and I suspect others will do the same.

I like your idea of wearing these jackets with other brights--any one of those jackets paired with the sapphire pants would be spectacular! Will be fun playing with combinations for casual summer occasions. Over anything white is a natural.

Appreciate all your help with this, Rochelle. So sweet & generous of you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GraceCO  and anybody else considering the Lime...

Please know that my gallery pics of both my personal Lime jacket and the on air pics are true in color. BUT, and this is odd, when I loaded these in my reply, the on air screen shots appeared lighter and my personal pics loaded darker. I do not know why or how this happened. It appears there isn't a filtering or setting option after the fact. The colors, unfortunately are skewed. In real life the jacket is brighter than my pics, which looks understated in its true color value. I certainly do not intend to provide an erroneous impression and steer anyone into a decision they may not ultimately be pleased with. I DO love the color and look forward to this being part of my wardrobe.

I'm going to try a couple more screen shots from the show. Perhaps it'll load more true. *** a little better than the previous screen shots but still not the real life, in person shade. Which is very attractive, brightly eye catching and and fun. The jackets design IMO, really puts a classy spin on the color. 

Screenshot_2019-05-03-15-52-14-1-1.pngScreenshot_2019-05-03-15-54-10-1.png

Respected Contributor

I hadn't ordered any Linea in awhile (I already have so much).  However, I ordered the Turquoise Shantung Jacket in size 6, because I wanted to wear it to an event mid-May.  The box came today; however, I was shocked to see my receipt showed size 6 and my name, but the jacket was size 22W!  I called customer service and was told only the lime green was available in my size.  I don't want the lime green -- I wanted to wear the turquoise,  I'm so disappointed!  I can't understand this, because it took such a long time to ship!  Now I'll need to wear something else in my closet to the event.

I had a problem with another order recently (not Linea).  I received another person's order.  The box was addressed to me, but the receipt and the item belonged to someone else.

Respected Contributor

@Lyn08 

How irritating for you!   Now if you want the shantung jacket you have to stalk forever.  Louis generally does not bring items back in the same colors.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Culebra,

I hope you can find your desired color and size from among any returned faux shantung jackets.  Like you, I totally forgot the presentation hour despite having been so keen on purchasing this jacket.  Sometimes serious matters kick aside the frivolities of our life.

Fortunately, I started my recording and happened upon the jacket presentation.  I GASPED!  Mary Beth kept directing viewers to look at the availability at the bottom of the screen, and then she uttered the words I did not wish to hear:  "The Turquoise has sold out."  Perhaps I was 15 to 20 minutes after the actual presentation...

I quickly went online and ordered my size in Turquoise.  It was on waitlist, but, lo and behold, the gorgeous garment made its way to me.  It was all by a whisker's width.

Mia05,

I hope you ultimately receive the jacket you want.

Respected Contributor

I placed a wait list order for size 6 in the turquoise jacket.  I thought maybe since I received a 22W instead of the size 6 I ordered, maybe my size is still on the warehouse shelf (I'm probably dreaming).  

In the meantime, I think I'll wear one of my Linea sweater sets I bought some time ago.  I have the pink and the black Whisper Knit cardigans with the lace sleeves.  I also have the pink Whisper Knit cardigan with the black stripe on either side of the zipper.  I have matching tanks and short sleeve sweaters to wear under the cardigans.