Valued Contributor

Louis Dell'olio

[ Edited ]

No Loius...TERRIBLE decision.  QVC  HAS GONE WAY DOWN.   Just wait till people can shop again.  You will lose a lot of viewes.  You already let go many of our favorite hosts.

Frequent Contributor

Goodbye Louis,

Wishing you all the best.  Qvc is no longer the QVC of the past.  They think women want to look like clowns and fashion that is not becoming  to average women.

Your fashion like yourself was classy and goodlooking and made a lady look and feel good.

I have made a decision that I will be dropping QVC and will no longer watch or buy anything from them anymore.

Also QVC if you think its a good idea for the host to wear pj all the time you are mistaken.

The Q use to mean and stand for Quality but like the rest of the world you have taken a downside in the opposite direction.

I look for Quacker Factory to be next.

New Contributor

What a HUGE miscalculation to drop the Linea line! We do not all want to be comfy, cabin-socked, sherpa-plumped  sheep. Fashion should be about finding your style, not blending in to the herd. So why would you offer us less variety in this department? What other designer offers classy, tailored, elegant styles? And NO ONE comes close when it comes to the jewelry! Louis Dell'Olio is a niche designer, and QVC needs more of that, not less. And why spotlight small businesses, and then cut a small business that has a rich history at QVC and a devout following? It is as incomprehensible as your decision to be size inclusive (good call, by the way) and then fire Antonella who represents size inclusivity even when she is not selling clothes? Why spend entirely too much time during the six month Christmas season (bad call, by the way) reminding us of the elegance of department stores and play the nostalgia card reminding us of happier days when we dressed up etc. and then cut a line that evokes that elegance and the quality that comes from having a "personal designer". It's time to revisit the word "quality" in your title. The value and convenience have slipped. I have overlooked the shipping mishaps that have made you less convenient and ignored the price increases that have made you less value-oriented BECAUSE QVC was the only place I could buy my Linea clothes and jewelry. I will now be considering other places to spend my dollars. I will not go blindly into the "comfy and cozy" fashion night- or should I say, blight?. You have broken faith with loyal customers and betrayed loyal, talented employees with this decision.

Respected Contributor

My husband came in the bedroom last nigth as I was channel

surfing ... and I stop on QVC .. and a certain host was wearing

the PJ's and the eye mask ... and he remarked .. " What on earth

is she wearing " ... and usually he notices nothing ......

Respected Contributor

@Lit Chick   Very well stated and to the point!  Bravo!

Respected Contributor

This is the main line of clothing I order. QVC is getting 

rid of all its classic and elegant designers.

They mainly deal in pjs, schmattas, and trends.

Louis is a class act, I will greatly miss his clothing.

Honored Contributor

@Lit Chick wrote:

What a HUGE miscalculation to drop the Linea line! We do not all want to be comfy, cabin-socked, sherpa-plumped  sheep. Fashion should be about finding your style, not blending in to the herd. So why would you offer us less variety in this department? What other designer offers classy, tailored, elegant styles? And NO ONE comes close when it comes to the jewelry! Louis Dell'Olio is a niche designer, and QVC needs more of that, not less. And why spotlight small businesses, and then cut a small business that has a rich history at QVC and a devout following? It is as incomprehensible as your decision to be size inclusive (good call, by the way) and then fire Antonella who represents size inclusivity even when she is not selling clothes? Why spend entirely too much time during the six month Christmas season (bad call, by the way) reminding us of the elegance of department stores and play the nostalgia card reminding us of happier days when we dressed up etc. and then cut a line that evokes that elegance and the quality that comes from having a "personal designer". It's time to revisit the word "quality" in your title. The value and convenience have slipped. I have overlooked the shipping mishaps that have made you less convenient and ignored the price increases that have made you less value-oriented BECAUSE QVC was the only place I could buy my Linea clothes and jewelry. I will now be considering other places to spend my dollars. I will not go blindly into the "comfy and cozy" fashion night- or should I say, blight?. You have broken faith with loyal customers and betrayed loyal, talented employees with this decision.

@Lit Chick  Beautifully said and fully on target. I'm not even a prolific Linea customer but the points you make are spot on. QVC continues to tank and it becomes more glaring every day with choices like this that pander to the lowest common denominator.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

@Lit Chick   Very well stated and to the point!  Bravo!

@Somertime  I fully agree... Wonderful post... As for this choice, one assumes QVC needs YET another hour to hawk over-priced polyester togs and 'leisurewear', blenders and mixers, outdated electronics, vacuums, mattresses, pricey 'decorative' kitsch, mediocre but expensive foodstuffs, 'practical presents',  ladders and hardware and so on and on and on and on... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I do not understand the mentality of the QVC decisions makers!  It seems that all they know is Logo, which is nothing but garbage, cheap fabric, ugly baggy styles at a ridiclious price!  How much Isaac Mizrahi can one look at in a week, he's on almost everyday with the same old Pima cottom styles. He doesn't even design his clothes any more!

Then of course we have to pay homage to Kim Gravel and over kill on every show.  Her styles and clothes are nice but once again getting way to expensive!  And then it's Susan Graver until it comes out of your ears with her liquid knit after liquid knit after liquid knit and her constantly speaking over the top of the host. Denim & Company is nice and Garry is great and they have cute updated styles all of the time.  But to cut out Louis and other top designers that have gone by the way side is disgusting. 

It's not only the clothes but other items also.  It's the same products over and over and over again.  Why do we need to listen to a TSV for hours in a day? Present it several times a day and get over it, state the facts and present the product and move on.

And how many food shows do we need in a week?  Most of your food is so epensive that a regular person can't afford any of it!  And most of the time the food is not that great, just read the reviews or lack of, it should tell you something.

I rarely watch QVC any longer, even for the noise effect in the house if I am doing something. Tired of the same hosts, droning on for hour after hour with the same old products.  You lost something along the way QVC and I am not the only one that feels this way.  I doubt this will get posted because I am not giving a positive review! But then I will post it on FB where many more people will read it.

Honored Contributor

So sad I did not buy many of his items but he is a great designer and has been on the Q for as long as I have been watching

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.