Trusted Contributor

My “as is” fish arrived today,but I have a question,  The fish is shiny gold with one red,one green eye.  The chain doesn’t seem to match the fish.  It’s an antiqued-looking goldtone. My invoice says “ antiqued gold”. From those of you who own fish—- is that the way the piece is supposed to be? Thanks for your help?

Trusted Contributor

I purchased the shiny black fish.  It is beautiful.  It has a clear eye on 1 side and a blue eye on the other.    I can chose the color I want to go with my WK top.

Super Contributor

@2zbeach wrote:

My “as is” fish arrived today,but I have a question,  The fish is shiny gold with one red,one green eye.  The chain doesn’t seem to match the fish.  It’s an antiqued-looking goldtone. My invoice says “ antiqued gold”. From those of you who own fish—- is that the way the piece is supposed to be? Thanks for your help?

Just looked at mine and I wouldn't say they are a perfect match, but from the distance they look great. The antique beads are also a slightly different, but I have received so many compliments on the beads and fish worn with my port clothes. I really like the antique gold. 

Honored Contributor

2zbeach,

I own both the shiny and antiqued gold fish.  The shiny version has a green eye and an orange eye (perhaps what you perceive as "red").  The antiqued version has a green eye and a purple eye.

I checked the chains on both, and the chain on my shiny fish (my shiny was from the original offer for this fish) is somewhat duller than the fish itself.  However, the chain for the antiqued fish is really dull-looking.

Any help here?   

Respected Contributor

That doesn't sound right to me. My antique goldtone fish has one amethyst (purple) eye and one citrine (green) eye. I also have the shiny gold one and it has one green and one red eye. The chain that comes with it is a tiny bit less shiny then the fish but it matches just fine and I would never question it . Here's a link to the video for the antique goldtone which clearly shows the colors that the eyes should be. Sounds like maybe you got a shiny gold fish.

http://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-DellOlio-Fish-Pendant-Necklace.product.J350109.html?productNumber=...

Trusted Contributor

Thanks,everyone,for your help.  My fish is indeed the shiny one,not antiqued, as stated on my invoice. After watching the video,it seems as though the fish is on an antiqued chain. Perhaps that is why it was listed under “ as is”.  I think I might have to wear the fish a bit and see if the difference between pendant and chain “bothers” me or is very noticeable.  I truly appreciate everyone’s input.  

Honored Contributor

i own the shiny gold fish with the chain and the shiny school of fish chain with the smaller fish. they are definitely both a shiny gold and have green eyes and a reddish orange eyes.

i didnt care for the antiqued gold so whatever i ordered in that went back to qvc a while ago.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein