Occasional Contributor

Re: Fantasy Fish Delivery Delayed

I ordered the red fish on 1/31/19 and it is in Kansas City today....so I guess I am going to get mine in a couple of days.  Excited to see it.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered the white fish on January 31st and received a call from QVC today

informing me it would not be shipped til February 8th which is no big deal because tomorrow is the 8th.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bearlyray  -  I got the same email.  My green fish, that I ordered on the 31st, is delayed and I hope they really do ship it on the 8th. 

Valued Contributor

My blue fish came today with one of the eye crystals loose in the box.  I hope this is not going to be an issue with these colorful fish.

Occasional Contributor

My fish finally shipped today! 

Valued Contributor

It appears that the metal fish are dunked into somekind of rubber solution.  The blue rubber was on the back of the eye stone, so I was worried that if I glued the stone back on the the rubber would eventually peel off from the eye area.  I hope this is a one off and no others have an eye issue.

Honored Contributor

@saltysails wrote:

It appears that the metal fish are dunked into somekind of rubber solution.  The blue rubber was on the back of the eye stone, so I was worried that if I glued the stone back on the the rubber would eventually peel off from the eye area.  I hope this is a one off and no others have an eye issue.

Interesting, is this to prevent the color from chipping off (acting as a sealant?) So glad the eye stone was in your box. If it happened to me, I’d use a drop of  Krazy Glue to hold the stone in place.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

The rubber is the color of the fish.  

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Interesting, is this to prevent the color from chipping off (acting as a sealant?) So glad the eye stone was in your box. If it happened to me, I’d use a drop of  Krazy Glue to hold the stone in place.

Yes, since the underlying fish is metal, there has to be some kind of colored adherent to stick to the metal--so the coating/color are one and the same. Simply painting the metal would mean it could be subject to chipping. Sounds like Louis and his jewelry manufacturer came up with a good idea to achieve the colored fish.  Hopefully they will hold up well, other than a possible loose eye.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

my fish were shipped out today......red and white.

my flower power necklaces were shipped out yesterday.......silver and gold.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein