Esteemed Contributor

Fall Collection

[ Edited ]

i've been casually going through my closets in anticipation of fall and towards the back are pieces from Louis' last year fall/winter collection.  Such beautiful fashions, especially all the blazers, whisper knit pieces, lamb leather jackets, and trench coats. While looking forward to wearing them, I am sad that Louis will not be bringing us new items for the upcoming season.  So sad.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu   Oh!  I totally know what you mean.

Some of my favorite pieces of clothing was designed by Louis.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about some of the boucle' jackets I have of Joan Rivers and of Louis'.  

I think I told you guys about how I was so in love with Louis' 'window pane' jackets.  I bought two colors right when they were selling his clothes before we found out he wasn't going to be on the Q anymore.

I've put on weight right on my stomach.  I MUST get some of this weight off.  My problem though,,,is that I also have a huge hernia.  I look like I've swallowed a kickball!  But it's only on the left side.

Anyway, QVC just always has the same clothes by the same people on there.  There's no imagination.

I know some (you know who) talks a lot and .... well...but at least she knows her clothes.

Some of them remind me of how at Christmas my late husband is on the videos year after year in the middle of presents and paper saying, "Oh!  Let me look at that.  Wow!  That's really nice".

It wasn't an act.  It really was the first time he was seeing the gifts from Santa.

I bought all of them.  He helped wrap them and I'd send them looking at the last minute what I couldn't find...but for the most part...it really was new to him.

That is what I'm hearing from some of these people who are representing their clothes...they designed.

With Louis...well..I learned so much about clothes.  How to wear a design that accentuates this or that.  How to hide body parts that I don't want sticking out...and so on.

I hope he is doing well.  I really miss him too.

Esteemed Contributor

Louis.........what a wonderful, classy gentleman!  Sooo professional!

Trusted Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

i've been casually going through my closets in anticipation of fall and towards the back are pieces from Louis' last year fall/winter collection.  Such beautiful fashions, especially all the blazers, whisper knit pieces, lamb leather jackets, and trench coats. While looking forward to wearing them, I am sad that Louis will not be bringing us new items for the upcoming season.  So sad.

@Biftu    I was just doing the same thing today.... I have a couple pieces of Louis's...He is a great designer.  I also came across a leather jacket in my closet from QVC by Bradley Bayou.  It must be at least 15 years old.  It's too small for me now but I can't part with it.  The quality of the leather is beautiful.  
I hope to see some fresh fall pieces soon.  So far nothing is appealing to me.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Fall Collection

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Biftu   Oh!  I totally know what you mean.

Some of my favorite pieces of clothing was designed by Louis.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about some of the boucle' jackets I have of Joan Rivers and of Louis'.  

I think I told you guys about how I was so in love with Louis' 'window pane' jackets.  I bought two colors right when they were selling his clothes before we found out he wasn't going to be on the Q anymore.

I've put on weight right on my stomach.  I MUST get some of this weight off.  My problem though,,,is that I also have a huge hernia.  I look like I've swallowed a kickball!  But it's only on the left side.

Anyway, QVC just always has the same clothes by the same people on there.  There's no imagination.

I know some (you know who) talks a lot and .... well...but at least she knows her clothes.

Some of them remind me of how at Christmas my late husband is on the videos year after year in the middle of presents and paper saying, "Oh!  Let me look at that.  Wow!  That's really nice".

It wasn't an act.  It really was the first time he was seeing the gifts from Santa.

I bought all of them.  He helped wrap them and I'd send them looking at the last minute what I couldn't find...but for the most part...it really was new to him.

That is what I'm hearing from some of these people who are representing their clothes...they designed.

With Louis...well..I learned so much about clothes.  How to wear a design that accentuates this or that.  How to hide body parts that I don't want sticking out...and so on.

I hope he is doing well.  I really miss him too.

If you are looking for clothes that camoflage tummy weight, take a look at Marla Wynn on HSN. Her clothes are chic, elegant, and comfortable and she coordinates her colors from season to season so that everything matches, from several years ago to the latest fashions. I have a lot of Louis's clothes and I think you will like Marla Wynn as well. 

Super Contributor

@Biftu I am really sad too that there will be no new Linea to look forward to. I only found Louis 7 years ago, but thank goodness I have a closet full of his beautiful spring/summer clothes (and my fall/winter Linea in totes in the basement).  I love waking up every morning to choose which lovely outfit with matching jewelry I will wear. I treasure every piece and keep looking at EBay or other sites to get a few items that I missed. I just purchased a beautiful wool blend malachite blazer that was a size too large for me, but will bring it into my seamstress for fitting. I have the teal one just like it and adore it so!  

Today I am wearing his sapphire ss whisper knit sweater, black gauze crepe cargo pants, the silver liquid necklace and a pair of black espadrilles. 

There is no designer on the Q that comes remotely close to the amazing, feminine designs and QUALITY that Louis brought us. 

I am so glad to keep in touch with Louis on his website.  So fun to see his past designs. 

Esteemed Contributor

You are looking lovely today @mam2fourboys!  It's true, there is no designer at the Q that even comes close to his talent.  Wearing his designs always makes me feel so stylish and "dressed."  Not everone wants to be in joggers and tee shirts all the time.

Trusted Contributor

FYI....put Linea Blowout Clearance in the search box and it pulls up some amazing bargains. They are final sale, no returns or exchanges. You can get an amazing deal if the sizing is good! Hanging on for the deals out of respect for Louis. My entire closets and I mean that...closets....are nothing but Linea. The Q blew it big time by not renewing his contract. Wonderful man who has given us all clothing that is timeless and affordable. He will be truly missed, his shows were so informative and enjoyable!  I am so thankful I have what I have. 

Respected Contributor

I am totally bereft that Louis will not be designing a new collection.  All of my favorite clothing is Louis Dell Olio.  I don't know what QVC was thinking!

Respected Contributor

Re: Fall Collection

[ Edited ]

The only thing I have bought from QVC is Linea, and I am still buying Linea, but when I'm done I will bring my business elsewhere. There are many many on line lines that interest me. They aren't Linea, and they are more expensive, but I don't need anything. It's just to have something new. It still boggles my mind with all of the boaring stuff they sell on QVC, why they would drop a jewel of a line like Linea. It was so unique and special. There simply isn't anything else on QVC that comes near to taking its' place