Honored Contributor

Re: Carnival necklace new colors posted

@rochelleS  Yes, it was:

Nolan Bertrandoff Miller (January 8, 1933 – June 7, 2012) was an American fashion and jewelry designer on QVC and a television costume designer best known for his work on the long-running 1980s series Dynasty, its spin-off series The Colbys and the 1991 miniseries Dynasty: The Reunion.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I too own a few pieces from Nolan Miller as well as Kenneth Jay Lane when they were at QVC.  They both made some exquisite pieces.

RIP to both.

Respected Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

Rochelle, do you mean Nolan Miller? He had a beautiful line for QVC. I own his pave rose pin. It is beautiful. If I'm not mistaken I seem to remembre Louis mentioning he has the same manufacturer, but I could be wrong about that.

I watched Nolan Miller's very first show on QVC---it was back in 1991! I have many of Nolan's pieces--including some very nice brooches and lots of pearls! I'll have to bring them out of storage. Some of the earrings were quite large clipons and it seems they are making a come back "a la" Louis' multi stone clipons. Nolan was a very nice man and his shows were always lovely.  He had a very special relationship with MaryBeth.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

@Marlyn1 

No, it's not Nolan Miller. I tried another unsuccessful search. When I purchased the other pieces mentioned I did a Google search which referenced this man's design status with many photos of his pieces. I'll have to dig mine out as I recall them being signed. Exquisitely made btw.

Do you mean Kenneth Jay Lane? Nolan Miller did the Dynasty designs. I don't believe KJL ever designed for any TV shows, but he certainly was the quintessential Costume Jewlery Designer.  I have many of his pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marlyn1  @JustJazzmom  @Maxine49 

'cuse my delay in replying, an extended car issue and an appointment with Sister and her surgeon swallowed my time. I appreciate your responses and hope I didn't appear rude.

I don't think my jewelry was made by Nolan Miller. I seem to recall a different unfamiliar name. I could be totally wrong. I've been searching thru what seems like a zillion boxes and haven't located these pieces as of yet. I'll continue looking and will report back as soon as I locate the pieces. Ugh, I must find a much better way to organize my stuff. Everything is still in boxes and it's tedious. Stay tuned...

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS  There was a guy who was an older man (Joseph Esposito) who designed jewelry & one of the last pieces I bought was a ring that looked like pale green beach glass.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@rochelleS On another thread you asked for my review on the Olive when it arrives. Just got it yesterday and I really like it. I was so positive that I had clicked on the Natural, so I was surprised when I got the notice that it was shipping that it said it was the Olive color. Perhaps that is because I was debating between the two and my subconscious made the decision for me. Smiley LOL

At any rate, I do like the Olive. To my eyes, it is muted so I could easily wear it with many things. If the Olive is this toned down, I don't think I will get the Natural, as I believe that would be too soft of a color.

That makes FIVE of these necklaces, which I always get positive comments on when I wear them!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @World Traveler and enjoy your new olive necklace! ❤

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler
Thanks for the review!! I have my eye on the new carnival necklaces. I love all the color offerings, especially the olive, but am trying to convince myself the dill Venetian necklace will suffice. We’ll see if I stay strong.

So funny you thought you ordered the natural! Apparently the olive was meant to be yours. They both look beautiful on tv.
Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@World Traveler
Thanks for the review!! I have my eye on the new carnival necklaces. I love all the color offerings, especially the olive, but am trying to convince myself the dill Venetian necklace will suffice. We’ll see if I stay strong.

You really can get a similar look of the Olive Carnival if you triple the Fern Venetian!