Respected Contributor

Re: Carnival necklace new colors posted

@rochelleS
You’re welcome. So are you going to get it?
Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom 

I don't know yet if I'll order the olive. I have the original Pompeii in Cypress that has Russian Gold metal. The olive and brass ox, even though it's a completely different necklace, might be too similar in the metals. I would've enjoyed it in gunmetal. Perhaps the linen but I'm still deciding. I look forward to seeing the reviews plus the on air presentation. 

Btw, I saw the Plum carnival offered "as is" a few days ago. Keep your eyes open, many pieces keep popping up.

I ordered the pink multi glass beads too. Haven't received it yet. Did get the copper tassel necklace today. Very pretty. I haven't seen any comments on any of the new tassel pieces yet. I should start a new thread and review it there. Have you received any of your items yet?

Esteemed Contributor

I received my copper ox tassel necklace and yes it is very pretty and will look exceptional with my copper ox bangle.  I think my copper ox jewelry wardrobe is done now.  I also own the etruscan bead set and bracelet in copper ox.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS
I totally know what you mean about items being too similar, even though different styles. I look forward to the presentation too. However, every time Louis has sneak peeked the natural/linen, I said “I need that”. However I really have to think about how much I have to wear with it. While I have some alabaster pieces and similar colors, it’s not the most flattering on me. I wonder how the natural/linen would look on other colors...

Haven’t received my jewelry items yet. Hopefully soon!
Respected Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1
I’m glad you like your copper pieces! Can’t wair to get mine. I have the Etruscan necklace too, not the bracelet. So pretty and different!
Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@rochelleS
I totally know what you mean about items being too similar, even though different styles. I look forward to the presentation too. However, every time Louis has sneak peeked the natural/linen, I said “I need that”. However I really have to think about how much I have to wear with it. While I have some alabaster pieces and similar colors, it’s not the most flattering on me. I wonder how the natural/linen would look on other colors...

I think the Natural Carnival would look great on Black top.  Think Linen or Ivory or Alabaster color pants/skirts, black top and that necklace. Very chic!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom 

I was immediately draw to the Linen necklace each time I saw it on air. I thought it was a classic coloration. One that'll brighten the face and could be worn with many colors, solids and prints. I feel it'll create a lovely contrast with darker colors and enhance an array of pastels too. Paired with your new pale grey WK long cardi, imo, would be a sophisticated and handsome combo. Add a caramel colored bag with a softly colored scarf tied to a strap, white or gray pant and there's a fabulous look that's easily pulled together. Try to think beyond alabaster. These neutrals can become a wardrobe workhorse accessory. 

Years ago I made a large ebay purchase. Several items were made by the man who designed for the original Dynasty tv series, ala the Carrington women. I failed in my very quick Google search to locate his name. ( @Goldie76 where are you, I need some help) A couple pieces are collar styled, designed in segments in soft white and another in a deeper cream. Boy, do they pop an oufit! Seriously lovely. Same as my JR white braided leather necklace I'd previously mentioned. These lighter shades really do open up a new vista in putting a look together. Next time you're out look for some costume jewelry in these ivory shades and see for yourself. You may be most pleasantly surprised. Tres chic!

Respected Contributor

@Maxine49 and @rochelleS
Thanks for the suggestions and for encouraging me to look at these other options. 😊
Respected Contributor

Rochelle, do you mean Nolan Miller? He had a beautiful line for QVC. I own his pave rose pin. It is beautiful. If I'm not mistaken I seem to remembre Louis mentioning he has the same manufacturer, but I could be wrong about that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marlyn1 

No, it's not Nolan Miller. I tried another unsuccessful search. When I purchased the other pieces mentioned I did a Google search which referenced this man's design status with many photos of his pieces. I'll have to dig mine out as I recall them being signed. Exquisitely made btw.