Trusted Contributor

Re: A267878 Quilted Jacket Sneak Peek

Sigh. Numerical sizing again. No go for me.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hope they bring in lots of black so I can get one!  

Linea whites are beautiful, but I'm afraid my lifestyle couldn't handle the alabaster.  I bought a white Linea 3/4 sleeve cardi last spring, and I can't believe how many times I've had to soak and pre-treat it to remove stains.  Seems like the messy accidents (spills, ink, rubbing up against something dusty, etc.) always happen when I wear white.  Smiley Sad  I'd love to have that alabaster jacket, though, but I think black is best for me.

Thanks for sharing @diamondscribe

Esteemed Contributor

This would be lovely in navy, olive, charcoal, chocolate.

Maybe next year!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

gardensla wrote:

This would be lovely in navy, olive, charcoal, chocolate.

Maybe next year!

I'd love to see this in charcoal, but in the meantime, that black is a match made in heaven to go with the new tuxedo stripe LL pants, which is exactly why I ordered them in the blue.

Respected Contributor

I also plan to get the black.  Black isn't the best for my skin tone, unless I wear a color underneath.  Actually, the Alabaster works fine for me, and I already have the S/S WK sweater.  I don't think the Alabaster cardigan would be good for me, as I always get some sort of spot on my light colors.

Esteemed Contributor

I love that it's a flat quilt which is flattering and as much as I love the alabaster color I will get more use out of the black since I take public transportation to work.  I had to order a back up white short sleeve whisper knit sweater for that reason alone I wore my white all sweater all summer it goes with everything!

I just got back from Costco and I went to the grocery store so I am pooped to say the least I was resting before i start the task of bringing everthing in the house......what a workout!

Seeing the quilted jacket gave me a nice burst of energy thanks for posting!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wildcat fan

I hear you!  I could've written your post.  I have and love the alabaster top, beautiful color, but I'm afraid the jacket isn't for me. Whenever I wear white, I end up getting something on it. I know it'd only be worse with a light colored jacket. Oh well. Hope to get the black!

Respected Contributor

I remembered when I had my colors done a number of years ago, I was told I was an "Autumn".  I personally don't like the "Autumn" colors, and I really wanted to be a "Spring", like my friend (who went with me to have our colors done).  Anyway, I was told never to wear black next to my face.  If I wear black, I should wear a warmer color close to my face.  

Since this jacket has a high neck, I'll get the Alabaster instead.  I already have the Alabaster and Black color block sweater and the Alabaster S/S sweater.  The Alabaster looks good on me.  As long as the Alabaster Quilted Jacket is washable, it will work for me.  I wouldn't wear it every day anyway, and I'll be careful wearing it.

Valued Contributor

I never thought that I looked good in white, even though I have heard time and time again that wearing white near your face is supposed to make you look younger. However, I have recently purchased and worn some cream colored tops, and I have found them becoming, so I may try the alabaster if it looks as nice in person as it does on Louis' blog. I think I would get more use out of it than the black. 

I wish it were in a charcoal color too, though, then it would be a no brainer for me.

Respected Contributor

@cotto22 wrote:

I never thought that I looked good in white, even though I have heard time and time again that wearing white near your face is supposed to make you look younger. However, I have recently purchased and worn some cream colored tops, and I have found them becoming, so I may try the alabaster if it looks as nice in person as it does on Louis' blog. I think I would get more use out of it than the black. 

I wish it were in a charcoal color too, though, then it would be a no brainer for me.

I find that stark white doesn't work well next to my face.  Cream colors work better.  If I wear a white sweater, I'll need something in a color underneath.