Valued Contributor

A267878 Quilted Jacket Sneak Peek

Louis has posted snaps of the new sweater jacket. Also, the slim pant is reordered for April, with 2 new colors.

Zebra2

September is here, and Fall is officially about to begin, and I can think of a better way to start than with this light weight zip front jacket, A267878……This is not just any quilted jacket….this is a quilted jacket done the LINEA way…………………There are many details to this jacket that aren’t easy to see, so you may have to click on the picture twice to BLOW IT UP for a better look. The jacket is SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT, so it is the ideal jacket for my southern ladies for the entire winter, and definitely for those with milder climates……..The fabrication of this jacket is a combination of QUILTED POLYESTER with WHISPER KNIT SLEEVES, RIBBED COLLAR, and the entire BACK.  The front panels are DIAMOND quilted, and the side panels and top yoke are VERTICALLY CHANNEL quilted for a more stream line look. The quilting is very light so there is no bulk……The jacket has princess seams which create a gentle shape that glides over the body. This is NOT a BOXY PUFFER jacket…..There are INSEAM POCKETS. The zipper is a one way zipper and is also a nylon zipper, so the tape and teeth are all dyed to match in the ……ALABASTER color…It really looks wonderful all dyed to match….so chose your own accessory color….The collar is made in a WHISPER KNIT 2×2 rib, so it gently hugs the neck without being tight in any way!……The sleeves and the back are done in the JERSEY WHISPER KNIT STITCH and have 2×2 rib starts………..I really want to emphasize the fact that this is FEATHER WEIGHT. You will be very surprised how weightless it is when you take it out of the fabulous shipping package it will inevitably be shipped to you in. It is so light weight that you northerners will be able to wear it as an indoor jacket…….that has a little EDGE…When it’s bitter cold just add a coat, scarf, beret and gloves….It will give you that added layer of protection…..Wear it dressed up or down. It is certainly elegant enough to wear both ways…. This jacket is NUMERICALLY SIZED. It is not fitted. It has an easy shaping, and with the Whisper Knit sleeves and back it is unbelievably COMFORTABLY. There is no need, IMHO, to size up or down. Due to the WK there is plenty of STRETCH…..Jac did try on the size 6, which is her normal B&M size and she felt it was a little roomy, but that’s how she would want a jacket to fit. With a WK sweater you should be fine….With a long sleeve sweater you will definitely be fine. With numerical sizes they should be more accurate to your needs………….The size 6 is approximately 26 inches long……and for me…in this Alabaster color…. it is the perfect length. The care instructions say to turn the garment inside out and machine wash in cold water. I would guess the same method you use in washing you WK sweaters………..In the photo above I have simply layer the jacket with the Alabaster s/s WK sweater, A267882…..the sweater is also avail in BLACK, and it is a MUST HAVE ESSENTIAL in the new med. weight WK….On the bottom……my Black MOSS CREPE SKIRT, A262454. I also have it with my Black WK pant, but I have a new quality SUPER PONTE pant in a modified BOOT CUT coming in OCT that will work beautifully too……As I look at my sketch I have to say my manufacturer captured it perfectly. The only change we made, after seeing the first sample, was changing the knit from a Milano stitch to a jersey. The Milano wasn’t right with the softness and lightness of the jacket…….trial and error….that’s what designing is about…..There are zillions of quilted jackets out there avail to you, but I promise, none are quite like this

Zebra3

BLACK…..BLACK…..BLACK…..is the second and final color being offered in this jacket….so with only two choices I’ve saved you from racking your brains over which color to buy………or have I????………….The Black quilted jacket is very DOWN TOWN CHIC with my BLACK slim pant…..a Black TN, and one of my Bar necklaces or the new Lariat. Many of you, who LUV this pant, have  asked if it was coming back, and I said I didn’t think so……well I was wrong! It has been reordered for next April. Black will be returning with two new colors. Don’t bother to ask me what the colors will be, because I submitted four for them for the buyers to choose the two from, so I don’t know  their choice and don’t want to say until it’s definite. I know that this pant worked for many of you, and thought it was absolutely the best fit and fabric, some were not as successful, but that’s always the way it is with a pant…..especially a slim ankle pant. As it turns out the returns were much less than I had anticipated, and the reviews were stellar. For those of you who loved it ….rejoice………………….Back to the jacket……Down Town Chic…….UP TOWN SOPHISTICATE…….Wear it over your LBD, or sweater and skirt…. patterned tights like the all over lace or the herringbone…..a shoe boot…..a great bag and your must have black sunglasses……A STATEMENT necklace like the DINGLE DANGLE would be perfection in any color metal you choose……You will look like you just dropped a bundle at Barneys. If this jacket were made for men I’d order it in a flash. With the short sleeve BLACK WK ENR sweater and a black bottom you are BIG CITY ready. For areas of the country where wearing all black is a sure sign of a tourist….probably a New Yorker…….adding color or pale neutrals with probably suit you better. How chic would it look over a white Tee or TN and white jeans……that would even work in NYC….big time. You know and I know there are a zillion ways you can pull outfits together and pop this light weight jacket on top.

Respected Contributor

Re: A267878 Quilted Jacket Sneak Peek

@diamondscribe

Thanks for posting this!  I LOVE this jacket, perfect for my climate, my shape, my lifestyle.  Now to decide on color, but I think the alabaster will be the one.  Nice that it is washable, and I like the nylon color-matched zipper.  Hope it's posted soon as here in the north it will be wearable now.

Valued Contributor

I am also looking forward to seeing this. Love his descriptions.

Respected Contributor

Black for me---it's a no brainer!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

I always buy black so might get the alabaster. Or both.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

I'm also going with the alabaster. I agree about the nylon color-matched zipper. I wore a Simonton knit jacket yesterday,A265411, that I love because it is Linea navy. I wore it with my LL navy pants and taupe WK shell. But, it has a metal zipper that isn't even the softer Linea gold. It is bright brass. It was a challenge to accessorize. I realize that a 2-way zipper most likely has to be metal just by way of function, but it then becomes part of the jewelry issue that day.

George Simonton Long Sleeve Bonded Crochet Zip Front Jacket

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Both colors for me. Where I live, these will be three-season jackets. The alabaster over black has that classic Chanel vibe.

Honored Contributor

I love the jacket but I don't love the colors.  I am trying to avoid buying black and the alabaster color would not be flattering to me.   

Trusted Contributor

Beyond stunning!  Black for me!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with @DiAnne

I have enough black to last a lifetime.

Sigh

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~