Honored Contributor

A263353 - Printed 3/4 Sleeve Hi-Low Top/Ombre

[ Edited ]

I was watching Louis during what was referred to as the last time this year for this ombre top. I have really become obsessed with this item. Being new to the Linea line in the last few months, I find that having already ordered and received four (Blueberry, Alabaster, Coral, and Yellow/Navy), getting another one seems to be out of the question. But I caved in and got the Guava also. They aren't even on sale price! ha!

All that just to ask: Is he pretty good about coming back with the same items year after year if it sells well? That may seem like a dumb question, but I have seen on QVC where vendors have items that sell really well, five-star ratings, but they "retire" them in order to bring in new, fresh items.

I still want this top in the red (not the orchid/red) that is shown when you bring up the item number. It shows a pretty red when you click on the various views.

And I see that the Plum and Strawberry are not available now. I am hoping he will bring not only the Red back, but also the Plum and Strawberry. I would probably buy them too. This top is addicting! ha!

Am I the only one who has taken the unprecedented (for me, at least!) step of purchasing the same item in so many colors? Anyone else have five or more? They all seem so different from each other because of the various layers of colors he uses to make just one of them. Tell me it isn't only me who really loves this top. LOL!

The other thing is that I don't normally like to wear jewelry, especially around the neck, but want something to go with these tops. I think any scarf would either overwhelm or take away from the beauty of this top. I will take a look at his necklaces. Do you find the necklaces to be a good buy?

Trusted Contributor

Re: A263353 - Printed 3/4 Sleeve Hi-Low Top/Ombre

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler, your post made me laugh in a good way.

All great questions.  I can talk of a few of them.

He is famous for bringing back his hits in different colors. Retiring old colors and adding new colors.  I did see the ombre presentation, and I did hear how much labor it takes to make the shirt, so maybe it will not be back I am not sure.

I am also new to LINEA.  I have none of the jewelry so I cannot comment on that.

BUT YES.........WHEN I FIND AN ITEM I LOVE, I BUY IT IN ALMOST EVERY SINGLE COLOR.  I HAVE 6 OF HIS BOHO TIERED SKIRTS THAT I LIVE IN YEAR ROUND.

HE IS A GENIUSE !MANY WOMAN ADORE HIM HERE, THEY WILL FOR SURE HELP YOU WITH SPECIFICS.  ITS LIKE A CULT FOLLOWING AND I HAVE JOINED. LOL

Yes I love the ombre shirt as well.  I purchase the alabaster one...I cant wait to get it.

I am a newbie with Linea.... this newbie loves his designs though.

Such great quality  !!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, I believe the color you are talking about was called flame. That color was retired. Louis doesn’t usually bring the colors back, so if you see a color you love honestly don’t wait. I’m embarrassed to tell you how many I have the first three he offered, the alabaster, flame and peacock, and haven’t stopped! I know we belong to a large group...lol The jewelry is fabulous, and I am just as addicted to the jewelry as I am the apparel. Actually I don’t buy anyone else’s clothes or jewelry anymore. Cosmetics I buy and house stuff, but that’s it.

Honored Contributor

@Skididdy Thanks for your comments. Heart

Yes, he did indicate this piece is not the simplest to make. Maybe that is why I haven't seen it on sale. They have a wonderful feel on the body and I sure do get the compliments when I wear them.

I will patiently wait for next year and hope to get the colors unavailable this time around. Although, I must say, I could wear this in three seasons. I never see snow where I live, but otherwise, I could find reasons to wear this during the other times.

Six boho tiered skirts? You have made me feel much, much better! LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Marlyn1 Yes, I believe Flame is correct. When I thought the new Orchid/Red might be what I saw in those "view" photos, someone corrected me and I believe they called it Flame.

Well, if you EVER tire of the Flame, you know who to look up on this board! You can consider it sold! Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Usually Louis retires colors in tops.  With this particular top I was surprised he brought back the alabaster and a couple of others.  I own the alabaster top from last year.  I purchased when first introduced. It is a versatile top for me as I own Louis's slim ankle pants in black as well as Lt. Khaki.  They both go beautfully with this top.  The top is also a great travel outfit.

I have been a fan for all 18 years he has been on QVC, but I was also a fan when he was the head designer for Anne Klein - especially his couturier line.  He is a three time Coty Award winner (oscar of fashion). His talent and creativity shows especially in the fit, fabric and finishing of his garments.   As far as I am concerned he is the best designer on QVC. His stuff stands the test of time.

Honored Contributor

He brought back peacock 3X & alabaster 2X.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I have the Flame & it's such a stunning color it practically glows.  Wore it to my son's casual CA wedding with Louis's lt khaki crepe pants & his multi-colored chandelier earrings from a few years back! 

I also have the Peacock & the Plum, & have given the Alabaster, Celadon & Coral as gifts.  It's a wonderful top!

Honored Contributor

@tipsy Do you wear a necklace, scarf, or anything at all over it? 

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler I have J331644 in the shiny gold which looks great with the Flame. Looks like only the shiny black is left of this necklace which would look nice with the Alabaster! But I usually just wear earrings with these tops.  I wear purple earrings with the Plum & turquoise with the Peacock.