Respected Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@Katcat1 - As others have said, Laura has sold her company, but I believe she has "some" say in the development. She is not in charge though. I read an interview with her last year where she said she would have not made the decision that was made for one of her products, but she had to remember to let it go. I like Laura's products and I haven't noticed a drastic change in most of them. 

When the companies are bought out the new owners usually make an agreement to keep the previous owner/creator on as a spokesperson for a while. Recently, Bobbi Brown was replaced as the spokeswoman for her line, which was bought years ago. 

@Katcat1

I was told by someone at Ulta last month who is a rep for Clinque used to work for QVC as well and is a cosmetologist as well who really sounded  very well versed in beauty business said when a company is bought out

the prior owners have no say in any new formulations BUT whatever is being sold prior will not change.

I was glad to hear about this but very disappointed as well.

She mentioned 4 big names I forget all the names but she said Estee and L'Oreal and a few others will one day be the sole beauty business and the smaller guys let's say Butter London, Tula and such will be gone or maybe bought out by the big ones.I'm guessing the smaller companies and there are sooo many will be sold at stores online then. I know this won't happen overnight but she said it is bound to happen.

I find that there are sooo many great smaller named brands and cannot see this happen but they are not in stores online only at Kohl's or Ulta.

Not even Sephora so may they will fizzle out :/

She said that is why she likes to buy many lines from smaller brands...(although she reps Clinique aka Estee!)

@mimi5775  I was just lurking around and as I was reading the thread, I stumbled on your post which at the end, or may be a tag line about your son.  It was only six/seven months ago.  I'm so very sorry.  I know it's exteme pain.  God bless you, hon. XO

Trusted Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

@mimi5775 wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@Katcat1 - As others have said, Laura has sold her company, but I believe she has "some" say in the development. She is not in charge though. I read an interview with her last year where she said she would have not made the decision that was made for one of her products, but she had to remember to let it go. I like Laura's products and I haven't noticed a drastic change in most of them. 

When the companies are bought out the new owners usually make an agreement to keep the previous owner/creator on as a spokesperson for a while. Recently, Bobbi Brown was replaced as the spokeswoman for her line, which was bought years ago. 

@Katcat1

I was told by someone at Ulta last month who is a rep for Clinque used to work for QVC as well and is a cosmetologist as well who really sounded  very well versed in beauty business said when a company is bought out

the prior owners have no say in any new formulations BUT whatever is being sold prior will not change.

I was glad to hear about this but very disappointed as well.

She mentioned 4 big names I forget all the names but she said Estee and L'Oreal and a few others will one day be the sole beauty business and the smaller guys let's say Butter London, Tula and such will be gone or maybe bought out by the big ones.I'm guessing the smaller companies and there are sooo many will be sold at stores online then. I know this won't happen overnight but she said it is bound to happen.

I find that there are sooo many great smaller named brands and cannot see this happen but they are not in stores online only at Kohl's or Ulta.

Not even Sephora so may they will fizzle out :/

She said that is why she likes to buy many lines from smaller brands...(although she reps Clinique aka Estee!)

@mimi5775  I was just lurking around and as I was reading the thread, I stumbled on your post which at the end, or may be a tag line about your son.  It was only six/seven months ago.  I'm so very sorry.  I know it's exteme pain.  God bless you, hon. XO

@77yangyait's still raw in my heart many days like pain and as u said extrme and now over 8 months my brain is not the same after losing him... the holidays felt like I was walking in a fog...still do it's "normal" they say.

But I'm not alone as the others I met who lost a child ALL felt exactly like me we all have a common thread emptiness.

My husband his stepdad did so much for him but is over it and moved on very fast, it was not his son- not to say he's not a good hearted man it is just him. I'm alone in this every doggone day.

Thank you for your words God Bless you xox!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Esteemed Contributor

I don’t care for her products.  I have tried her concealer, foundation both being greasy & heavy.  Her eye pencils don’t last & ruined trying to sharpen.  The only product that was ok was Balance & Brighten, the first one.

Valued Contributor

@txskies wrote:

I have alwaysliked Laura Geller's products, and have bought many, through the years. 

I recently bought some of her hydrate and tint product, and it has been on waitlist for a long time.  I am about to cancel it.  I had no idea that Laura sold her business. I do know that IT ws purchased by Loreal for millions of dollars.  I hopw that Laura Geller still does the presentations for her make up on QVC.  She is always very good on showing us how to apply it, and tips on how to choose colors, etc.

L’Oreal bought IT cosmetics for $1.2 billion! 👏💄