Honored Contributor

I had no idea that Laura sold her company.  I was surprised to read the article but it seems to be the norm.  These entrepreneur women build up their companies and then sell them for millions.  Not too bad.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Did it say if she was still going to be the 'face' of the company? Someone posted they hadn't seen her on the Q in a while. I don't watch Beauty IQ though, Elise's teenage giggling and her actions annoy me.

Esteemed Contributor

Laura is still representing her brand.I saw her on last week.

Valued Contributor

Glad for Laura. But, I hope they don't change her product ingredients. Love the Balance and Brighten. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Laura Geller Sells

[ Edited ]

Laura Geller's company was sold about two years ago.  So far, she continues to be the face of the line on QVC, along with Jillian who does the overnight shows and Beauty IQ. I believe her new parents are the same company that owns Nest. 

So far, my perception of Geller's brand has been the influx of cash from the new owners has allowed the brand to expand.  Not that having more to choose from is always better, but in this case an exception is warranted.  In addition to new products, everything in the line is available now in more colors, and from more retailers.  This is a positive as it makes gives the brand appeal to a broader range of potential customers.    

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 - As others have said, Laura has sold her company, but I believe she has "some" say in the development. She is not in charge though. I read an interview with her last year where she said she would have not made the decision that was made for one of her products, but she had to remember to let it go. I like Laura's products and I haven't noticed a drastic change in most of them. 

When the companies are bought out the new owners usually make an agreement to keep the previous owner/creator on as a spokesperson for a while. Recently, Bobbi Brown was replaced as the spokeswoman for her line, which was bought years ago. 

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Katcat1 - As others have said, Laura has sold her company, but I believe she has "some" say in the development. She is not in charge though. I read an interview with her last year where she said she would have not made the decision that was made for one of her products, but she had to remember to let it go. I like Laura's products and I haven't noticed a drastic change in most of them. 

When the companies are bought out the new owners usually make an agreement to keep the previous owner/creator on as a spokesperson for a while. Recently, Bobbi Brown was replaced as the spokeswoman for her line, which was bought years ago. 

I wonder what product it was that Laura didn't like what was decided?

Regular Contributor

Laura Geller, Bare Minerals (Escentuals), Philosophy, Tarte....  but sadly it usually means a major change and decline in the quality of products....  but an increase in number of products - just not good ones.

Occasional Contributor

I am a former beauty industry veteran of 15 years.  The company which has bought Laura Geller, Julep etc. is positioning the brands to have growth they would not have had otherwise.  I am new to Laura Geller since last year and have found that her products work extremely well with me - of course I am porcelain and very fair.  There is great opportunity for it to expand as a brand and grow further.  In just this past year, I have bought older and newer product (you can tell by the packaging) and the newer product seems to be better qualitywise.  Also, the influx of financing will help the R&D side keep new and interesting products coming.  There are lots of creative products that Laura has made and also Jane at Julep so as a consumer, I like seeing more new cool items.  Frankly, as an outsider looking and as a consumer, Laura's brand is on fire right now with several recent home run launches. 

Valued Contributor

OMG ------- NO ------  everytime a phenomenal make up brand sells.....it never is the same anymore and I have tried using other brands since Bare Escentuals sold out.  Laura Geller products are so awesome - I have family and friends using them also for years.  I had a feeling something was up when I noticed she no longer talks about her salon in NYC.  Look IT sold out and Philosophy sold out and now you cannot get them off the air and their products, don't use IT, but Philosophy isn't the same.  Look at OJON  - what a waste of another phenomenal products since they sold out and he divorced and his wife became a body builder.  Yes, HSN sells somethng of his products,  but they are just not the same.  Laura Geller....PLEASE keep your eyes open and do not let them change what you made great!