Honored Contributor

A347194 Printed Sheer Woven Blouse w/ Contrast Ruffle

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Printed-Sheer-Woven-Blouse-w-Contrast-Ruffle.product.A347...

I had this in my wish list to get on free S&H day.  Every time I see that tie-dye watercolor one on someone on air, it knocks my socks off.  I also liked the leopard print one and couldn't make up my mind and almost only got the aqua one, my first choice esp. since I already own a lot of leopard tops.  But since it was free S&H day I decided to order both and probably send the one back I liked lesser (or keep them both if I loved both).

So I tried the aqua tie dye on first.  I'm not fond of the material.  It's like a crepe and has no give (not that it needs to really - in my regular size medium it is roomy and flowy which I think is how it is supposed to be) but the material is kind of hot, esp. for something cheer.  Light as this one is in color, I'd hesitate to wear it in the really hot weather - I think I'd be sticky in it unless I was always in air conditioning.   The sleeves were quite long.

The colors are very pretty and IMO it's quite dressy.

So, then I tried the leopard one on which wasn't as much of a knockout in person. Until I tried it on - I absolutely love it! (although yes, it has the same will-be-hot material with no give).   It was stunning!  And I can already think of three places I'm going to wear it. in the upcoming weeks.  IMO this is also dressy but can be dressed down more easily.  Also, this one wasn't as large as the aqua tie-dye one (both are size medium) and therefore the sleeves also weren't as long on me.  Also, this leopard is not like any other leopard I own - not even remotely.  I will say the "olive" leopard is really a teal I think.  It's very pretty.

I'm going to return the aqua one and perhaps reorder it if the price is ever reduced.  And a different one might fit a little better, more like the leopard one. But for right now I"m liking the leopard one on me quite a bit more, and IMO it's more useful.   By the way, this wouldnt' cause me to send it back, but they each had an plastic bag for an extra button but only the button was missing in the aqua one.  I know it didn't fall out of the little bag in my bedroom where I tried the blouse on, because the little plastic bag was sealed so it was just missing.  

Love, love, love the leopard top!

Super Contributor

Re: A347194 Printed Sheer Woven Blouse w/ Contrast Ruffle

Glad to see your thoughts. I have this one on my wish list. The idea of it being hot gives me pause, but in summer I run for air conditioning anyway, so haha!  What knocks me out is that little slice of gingham! I was torn between the aqua and the leopard, but leaning toward the aqua, cz the gingham seems more noticable in that configuration. It looks like that blue/purple in the leopard really pops, though. Would you agree? This design - more flowy w "peplum" - tends to swirl around my tummy figure flaws without looking "poofy." It sounds like you're smaller than my XL self and don't have that problem? So you get the full the floaty effect! Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@Mirren Yes I had the same thought as you about the ruffle with gingham popping more in the aqua. In person that is still true but the ruffle shows up plenty in the leopard and makes quite a statement 🙂 . I should have mentioned that the aqua is much more see thru too. Both are sheer of course but the black and dark print make it less so. The aqua is gorgeous but more summery. Can't wait to wear it.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Printed-Sheer-Woven-Blouse-w-Contrast-Ruffle.product.A347...

I had this in my wish list to get on free S&H day.  Every time I see that tie-dye watercolor one on someone on air, it knocks my socks off.  I also liked the leopard print one and couldn't make up my mind and almost only got the aqua one, my first choice esp. since I already own a lot of leopard tops.  But since it was free S&H day I decided to order both and probably send the one back I liked lesser (or keep them both if I loved both).

So I tried the aqua tie dye on first.  I'm not fond of the material.  It's like a crepe and has no give (not that it needs to really - in my regular size medium it is roomy and flowy which I think is how it is supposed to be) but the material is kind of hot, esp. for something cheer.  Light as this one is in color, I'd hesitate to wear it in the really hot weather - I think I'd be sticky in it unless I was always in air conditioning.   The sleeves were quite long.

The colors are very pretty and IMO it's quite dressy.

So, then I tried the leopard one on which wasn't as much of a knockout in person. Until I tried it on - I absolutely love it! (although yes, it has the same will-be-hot material with no give).   It was stunning!  And I can already think of three places I'm going to wear it. in the upcoming weeks.  IMO this is also dressy but can be dressed down more easily.  Also, this one wasn't as large as the aqua tie-dye one (both are size medium) and therefore the sleeves also weren't as long on me.  Also, this leopard is not like any other leopard I own - not even remotely.  I will say the "olive" leopard is really a teal I think.  It's very pretty.

I'm going to return the aqua one and perhaps reorder it if the price is ever reduced.  And a different one might fit a little better, more like the leopard one. But for right now I"m liking the leopard one on me quite a bit more, and IMO it's more useful.   By the way, this wouldnt' cause me to send it back, but they each had an plastic bag for an extra button but only the button was missing in the aqua one.  I know it didn't fall out of the little bag in my bedroom where I tried the blouse on, because the little plastic bag was sealed so it was just missing.  

Love, love, love the leopard top!

You are right about the material having no give. I own this one in the purple, and while I love it, it is ever-so-slightly tight across the shoulders in the back. ( I have thick, somewhat muscular arms and find a lot of Lori's garments are tight on me in the upper arms and shoulders. Sigh. )  This shirt was the reason I'd been hesitant to buy any more wovens. The TSV was stretch, so of course that encouraged me.  I do love the purple one though, and yes, I have to wear a tank under it. I don't find it hot though, and I'm almost always hot, for what it's worth.  Of course, I live in New England and it isn't terribly warm here, anyway.

Super Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@MirrenYes I had the same thought as you about the ruffle with gingham popping more in the aqua. In person that is still true but the ruffle shows up plenty in the leopard and makes quite a statement 🙂 . I should have mentioned that the aqua is much more see thru too. Both are sheer of course but the black and dark print make it less so. The aqua is gorgeous but more summery. Can't wait to wear it.

Thanks for the word about the gingham and the leopard! (Ha - sounds like a parable or story or something!) Wear in good health, Pearley!

Super Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Hi again! Are you on Instagram? I was looking in after a few days and saw one of Lori's staff with this blouse over A347209 in black and it looked FANTASTIC! I might have to move on both blouse and tank! Are there particular tanks you like under yours?