Honored Contributor

A282136 SWEATER KNIT JOGGERS WITH ZIPPER DETAIL (PANTS)

[ Edited ]

@Peg   This review is for you!

First let me start at the end and I'll go back.  I finally received these today and just tried them on (again in my dim bedroom lighting - may not show true color).  Mine are defective - faulty stitching on one side - so I have to send back.  Trying to decide whether to replace or just return.   Now for the good news (mostly!)

I really like these.  The material is very, very soft (don't feel polyester-y).  They are a tad long on me at 5'3" (which I knew they'd be when I ordered them) but that's no problem. They look good bunched at the ankle if zipped but I prefer how they look unzipped a little better, and they aren't so long I'd trip on them.  The zipper, being gunmetal on the smokey purple that I ordered, is very cool looking and goes well with the smokey purple color.  Speaking of which,  I don't see a whole lot of purple.  Yes, it does clearly have a purple-ish tone to it but it's very subtle.  They could pass for charcoal gray but honestly could serve as either, gray or gray tinged with purple.  They are not as they appeared on air or on screen; they have more gray to them (at least in my awful ligthting - I'll take them outside tomorrow but I don't think much will change).  The fabric is heathered, almost tweedy-looking in various shades of smokey purple and really, it's very pretty, whatever color it is.  They are darker than I expected.  What I didn't expect was how lightweight they are.  They will not be at all warm for winter.  They aren't any heavier (perhaps even lighter!) then my other space dye jogger-style pants I own from the "sweat suit" (the space dye pants were cropped and Fr. terry I think) she did that I love so much I got in every color and got multiples of a couple pants colors to wear with other tops  - that set I loved most in the lily white but also got in cocoa and pink champaign and blue river like @Trudey got a lot of them.  That was a spring line and these pants aren't any heavier.  I do have one other pair of LOGO jogger pants that are heavier weight but these smokey purple ones are very lightweight (and not warm at all) fabric which was a bit disappointing given the season.  

The medium was my correct true size to order, and I was also correct in thinking that I would absolutely have to wear a top that covers quite a bit down.  I don't have "camel toe" in these  - they aren't that tight on me - but I truly wouldn't feel comfortable in this knit fabric showing my groin or butt area without it being covered.  I kinda thought that would be the case.  I don't think I would be comfortable, given this material, even if I were stick thin and not at the high end of the mediums these days.  The fit is like slim leg pants - not as tight to the skin as leggings but not baggy either, although I'm sure they'd be somewhat baggier if I was at the low end right now of my size mediums.   Still, a slim cut - very flattering actually.  My legs are not my best feature and these are very slimming to my legs IMO. I would gladly wear  a long top over these and feel like I look good!

The thing is, they truly aren't worth the price - close to $70 with the S&H and tax.  Granted, nowadays $59 isn't a bad price in LOGO but still, these just aren't worth near $70.  That being said, I haven't had good luck with As Is pants at least in the Fr. terry - they've come pilled and clearly worn between the legs too many times.  So I think I'd want a fresh brand new pair of these and not try for an As Is which may never come anyway.   So the question is whether to wait for a clearance price or just exchange the ones I have before the smokey purple isn't even in stock any more (I fear that after another presentation! - they have one five-star review already)   I'm leaning toward reordering them, knowing I'm paying too much because I really do like them and have a lot to wear with them as either color they are (kind of chameleon pants between charcoal gray and purple - I think they will take on whichever of those colro themese they are paired with).  They are very comfortable.

Perhaps these will pill between the legs, but if they do within 30 days I'd just send them back. I haven't had trouble with my own Fr. terry space dye ones, just the As Is ones (as you know, these aren't Fr. terry, I'm just giving those as examples because they were similar).  

You asked me about the thinner piece of elastic at the waist.  I'm only just remembering that now, so I didn't pay any attention to that when I tried them on - sorry! I just forgot.  But the waistband seemed like other LOGO waistbands in the leggings except that without the spandex, the waistband was much softer and not restricting at all.  There was no "holding me in" aspect to these pants anywhere, like there is with her leggings.  Neither was it too loose though.  The entire pant was really very comfortable.  And the pockets added no bulk at all.

So, let me know what you are going to do, Peg.   They are cute and comfy and are a pretty color, even though I was expecting something with a little more purple in it and probably would have preferred that. And too expensive.  These are unique though, for sure, and very cute.  (I'd say the lightweight factor even reminds me a bit of pajama bottoms, not that they look like PJs, just weight-wise).

ADDENDUMS TO THIS REVIEW ARE IN THE FOLLOWING TWO POSTS

PLEASE READ, ESP. REGARDING COLOR

Honored Contributor

Re: A282136 SWEATER KNIT JOGGERS WITH ZIPPER DETAIL (PANTS)

[ Edited ]

@Peg and others: Important correction to my first post!

I looked at these in daylight today (albeit overcast, not sunny) and these aren't charcoal gray looking.  They are indeed a deep grape purple color (various shades) and very pretty.  Sorry for anything that was misleading above.  I shouldn't try things on in my horribly-lit bedroom at night!    But yes, these are indeed deep purple.  But since I mentioned gray, I would wear them in place of charcoal gray, with anything on top that I'd otherwise wear with charcoal gray.  I think these are very pretty and a good neutral.  I stand by everything else I posted above!  Again, apologies for my first impression of the color.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Peg  (again)   Yet another followup.

I tried these on again just now - I am going to exchange them because I want them, even though I really wish they were heavier weight material for fall/winter. 

I tried them on with a long tunic top and everything that i  need to be covered in terms of hips and butt is covered, and my legs looked good in them.  They are cute and comfortable, even though too expensive, and different.  I  love this style of pants of Lori's for cuteness and comfort, so I will exchange them while I can still get smokey purple.  I don't think I'd want the other two colors, esp. the green because my heavier weight jogger pants of hers are willow.

Peg, the elastic in the waistband is quite narrow.  I can see the possibility of it twisting around in the wash, and even the waistband (which is wide) streching out after several washings (if that happens they will go back).   But the waistband is so comfortable because it doesn't have a thick piece of elastic and, as I said, is not bindingwhatsoever.   Anyway, I'm getting these (exchange).  I really wish mine weren't defective so I could start wearing them!  I'm going to an arts and crafts show tomorrow and they would have been great - and comfortable - to wear walking around there.  Oh well.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee, I have an appt I have to get to.. I will be back later to chat about these with you. Thanks for a wonderful review.

Honored Contributor

@violet runner  You hearted two of my posts but not the one I wrote in blue about the color, which is important.  I hope you saw that one because it's very relevant.  Will look forward to discussing the pants with you.   I'm off to send them back right now - I want my new pair!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee, Well, after re- reading the review(s) I am tempted to order.  I like your color description that they are indeed more purple ( my fav color) yet can be a neutral. I have plenty of black and grey I  could wear with them.  The downside is  weight of the fabric, but it will perhaps make them more a year round pant.. I had planned to wear them more leisurely and possibly to a gentle yoga class. While sizing may be an issue,( I tend to take after you in sizing) , I would order the small in this to start. I own the space dye jogger pants in lily white ( size small) that you speak of and have multiples and find them very comfortable. 

I'd also have to see if I too would feel more comfortable wearing these with a longer top.

As for the waistband- not a deal breaker, but prefer the larger elastic. I think we both own the grey and  rum raisin colored pedal pushers and I love those and they have the smaller waistband.

I agree, the price is too high.  I could play wait and see and hope they  go on clearance and/or As- is. I see all sizes in all colors are available.

It's still a "sweater"  knit as in the title  description. Do you think they will bag in the knee and stretch out some after wearing fir awhile.??

Again, a very indepth review on these and I thank you. 

Honored Contributor

@violet runner  Hi, again. Smiley Happy   I haven't had the space dye "sweatsuit" crop pants on (lily white, etc.) in a while but I think these fit very much like those --perhaps slightly  narrower in the leg-- but approximately like those do.  So if you take a small in those, that's probably the right decision in these too.  The color is really hard to describe.  As you know, when I took it into better lighting it was indeed dark purple, but it's still very neutral.  I could see from a distance or in different lighting, it could come across as gray as it did in my initial lighting.   In any event, I do like the color and find it much more useful than a screaming purple. 

As for the bagging/sagging part, that's an argument for getting them now at full price I suppose, because you have til Jan. 31 to return them (being a "gift" to yourself! haha).  So if that does occur you have ample time to return them.  The sweater material is really a joke because these are so lightweight.  I was much more '"iffy" about paying the price for these with my first try-on.  On my second try-on I was convinced I wanted them.  As I posted above, due to my bad experiences with As Is pants - specifically the similar space dye ones - having been sent to me pilled, As Is is no longer a choice for me in pants (well, unless I change my mind of course).  What I would hate to see is these reduced and Q does reduce things faster than it used to, or maybe be on Zulily.   But that's always a gamble as you state.  There was only one brief presentation of these; if not presented again, I think they'll be in stock.  But if presented again and for a longer period of time they could go. It's always a chance and if only we had 20/20 hindsight for LOGO pricing!   Smiley Happy

Keep me posted.   I'm already worried that they may sell out before I get my exchange.  I just dropped my defective pair at the P.O. on my way back from other errands just a few minutes ago.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee, I'm going to order them. I just today returned a pr. Of Denim &Co, which cost $40. Now I can easily justify these. Will certainly let you know when I get them and how they fit.
Thanks again! Very helpful discussing Logo items before purchasing.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Peg wrote:
@Pearlee, I'm going to order them. I just today returned a pr. Of Denim &Co, which cost $40. Now I can easily justify these. Will certainly let you know when I get them and how they fit.
Thanks again! Very helpful discussing Logo items before purchasing.

@violet runner  I think you'll be happy with them.  If I recall correctly, you had indeed ordered them the day they were presented and then canceled and decided to wait for reviews.   You liked them enough to order them initially so......that was your gut instinct and if nothing I said put you off completely, then ordering them was your inclination.  Once we've accepted that they are lightweight in material and too expensive, we and now just move on and enjoy them, their comfort, their uniqueness, and the compliments. Smiley Happy   Just like the rest of our LOGO clothes LOL!

Editing to add: There are two more reviews of the pants up.  One talks about how thin the fabric is.  Um....yep.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee, I  looked at the reviews.   And now  with your review I have no expectation that  they are a thick material. And correct, I did order when first presented and cancelled.  Will revist  with you when I get them. Hope your exchange nets a good pair.