Trusted Contributor

I recently uncovered a box that had a Pfaltzgraff teapot in it that I had purchased years ago and only used as a display because it was so beautiful.  I am wondering now if making tea in a teapot is gone for good and only making tea in mugs are the norm.  How do you make your tea?  Here is a pic of my teapot.

teapot.jpg

Super Contributor

Pretty !!!   I make mine by the mug but I have a Fiesta ware teapot that I should use......from what I have read (and observed from watching PBS...lol...)  I think you warm the pot first with hot water......dump out and replace with fresh water just boiled...then you add loose tea or tea bag/s and steep until done........This is a real quick and dirty explanation...am sure there is something more proper on-line....good luck and stay well !!!!  Kx

Respected Contributor

I like your teapot!

I only drink tea from a tea cup never a mug.

Never drink coffee.

Respected Contributor

@newname0   I drink tea every day, starting in the morning.  I have a stainless steel two cup one I use to brew my lavender Earl Grey loose tea, using a strainer.

Then I have a much larger silverplate one that I use, mostly for company.

I do keep tea bags on hand but normally prefer brewed tea leaves, and have a variety of leaf blends, including herbal, on hand.

The taste of tea brewed with leaves is far superior and is just as easy as using tea bags.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Esteemed Contributor

My option: herbal tea K cup in a mug.

Respected Contributor

I have an identically shaped teapot from Pfaltzgraf, but mine is the Garden Party pattern.    I have not been drinking much tea lately and am feeling like I need to get back to it.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

Re: tea in a pot or a mug?

[ Edited ]

DD and I are tea totallers. We always use a tea pot. We both have a variety. It depends upon which teas I brew as to which pots I use.

That Pfaltzgraff is beautiful!

Oh yeah! And always from a tea cup.

Honored Contributor

On the rare occasion I have tea, I use a mug.

Respected Contributor

I thought a tea pot was for loose tea leaves.  I use tea bags so I use a mug or large cup.  

Esteemed Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I thought a tea pot was for loose tea leaves.  I use tea bags so I use a mug or large cup.  

Yes, I guess it is. I use loose a lot. But I also got spoiled using Harney's sachets. Either way, I brew in a tea pot.