Honored Contributor

I have tea every morning.  I just use a very large Contigo travel mug to help keep it hot since I drink on it all morning.  I am by no means a tea conossieur.  I just like my black tea varieties like English Breakfast, Darjeeling, English Teatime, etc.  

Super Contributor

We make it either way but prefer a teapot. We have a pot of tea with dinner, or just to talk at the table in the afternoon. It makes it a little more special. A tea cozy keeps it warm.

Honored Contributor

Pots with filters, pots without, mugs with filters, mugs without.

Loose tea mostly, bags, sachets, you name it we have it!  We even have pitchers with filters for brewing iced tea. 

We are a tea drinking household here!  Winter summer spring and fall!  Green, black, oolong, flavored, matcha, pu erh, white and yellow tea!  Even a few that are flavored! 

Honored Contributor

Let me add that I do not think you can find better teapots than the ones Upton Tea sells with the mesh filters in them.  The filters are big enough to let the flavor bevelop and still hold the leaves in.

Some are made by Fiesta too!  USA made!  I have had some of mine for probably 25 years.

Honored Contributor

Woman Embarassed I just thought of something else:  Upton will custom print labels with a person's name or a greeting on them.  They sell bags, tins, and even samples and tasting sets. 

They have lots and lots of teas, so that would make a nice gift, with or without a pot!  I suppose they would even mail them for you.  And if you bought a certain amount of tea you got a free electric kettle.

Esteemed Contributor

I love your teapot... it so pretty .... if, I were you & you enjoy more than one cup of tea at a time (like me) I would make the tea in the teapot ... I used to do this until my teapot broke & I never replaced it .... enjoy your tea no matter how you brew it 😊

Honored Contributor

Mug, since I never have more than one cup, in the afternoon.  I'm a coffee drinker in the morning.  I do make ginger tea, but that involves simmering roots on the stove.  

Respected Contributor

@newname0 mug because of arthritic fingers and tea bags because I am too lazy to deal with loose tea and I do not drink tea often enough to keep leaves fresh

@BlueFinch  same here about childhood memories . my mother only allowed me to have water to play , but I did have a beautiful little china tea set that my dolls , teddy bears , and friends enjoyed .Smiley Happy I was thrilled when my father, grand father , or uncles would sit briefly and hold thier 'pinkies' up to have a cup of tea !

When I watch tv shows from BBC I marvel at the teapots that seem standard several times during the shows . 

Trusted Contributor

Re: tea in a pot or a mug?

[ Edited ]

@Harpa wrote:

DD and I are tea totallers. We always use a tea pot. We both have a variety. It depends upon which teas I brew as to which pots I use.

That Pfaltzgraff is beautiful!

Oh yeah! And always from a tea cup.

I adore tea, the entire process, using a pot is relaxing to me. Could you tell more regarding-

"It depends upon which teas I brew as to which pots I use."

I'd love to know what teas are best in which pots.

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

ALways a mug with a teaspoon of local honey.  I love the look of a teacup and pot but it cools off too quickly and one mug is plenty for me.