Frequent Contributor

stovetop smokers V/S masterbuilt smokers

<h3 class="newaps" style="box-sizing: content-box; padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 6px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-weight: normal; font-size: 1em; color: #333333;"> Does anyone have one of these or one similar and if so, what are your reviews on it? Seems expensive for what it is. Can can't do as much of course, as the TSV recently on the Masterbuilt. </h3>

I also wonder if it's good for a person to eat something with that much smoke on it. May not be as much as I thought there could be, but just something I wondered about. Thanks. GD

<h3 class="newaps" style="box-sizing: content-box; padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 6px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-weight: normal; font-size: 1em; color: #333333;">
</h3>
Product Details

<h3 class="newaps" style="box-sizing: content-box; padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 6px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-weight: normal; font-size: 1em; color: #333333;">
</h3> <h3 class="newaps" style="box-sizing: content-box; padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 6px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-weight: normal; font-size: 1em; color: #333333;">
</h3> <h3 class="newaps" style="box-sizing: content-box; padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 6px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-weight: normal; font-size: 1em; color: #333333;">
</h3> <h3 class="newaps" style="box-sizing: content-box; padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 6px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-weight: normal; font-size: 1em; color: #333333;"> Stovetop Smoker - The Original Camerons Stainless Steel Smoker with Wood Chips - Works over any hea...</h3>
  • (508)
  • FREE Shipping
  • Product Features
  • Stainless steel smoker smokes meat, fish, and vegetables right on the stovetop
  • Patio, Lawn & Garden: See all 75 items
Frequent Contributor

Re: stovetop smokers V/S masterbuilt smokers

I wish the print wouldn't show up like this. I wonder why it does? Oh well. Hope you can overlook it and just read the ""good"" parts.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had the Cameron's Stovetop Smoker for over 5 years.

It's the only kitchen gadget that I have used consistently!

You put 2 tablespoons of wood chips (I use the Camerons) in the box, place the drip tray over that (wrap it in foil for super easy clean up), place the rack over the drip tray, put your seasoned meat on the rack, cover tight and cook for 20 minutes.

I love it! DH cleans it up (easy clean) and I use it twice a week with no complaints.

I bought the small one when I was single. If I don't make something for the kids, it will suffice. It will smoke 5 chicken thighs, 3 large breasts, a pork tenderloin, etc.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

I also have one of those Cameron's stovetop smokers. Works great. Doesn't smoke up the house. The bird and I can breathe, so that says a lot. Smiley Happy

Obviously the big difference is capacity.

Super Contributor

You can also use your crockpot as a smoker: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/08/you-can-use-your-crockpot-as-smoker.html I haven't tried it yet, but reviews/comments are good.
“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Frequent Contributor

thanks so much for all your comments. I copied the website for the crockpot smoker info. will check into that. thanks again. GD

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/22/2014 chickenbutt said:

I also have one of those Cameron's stovetop smokers. Works great. Doesn't smoke up the house. The bird and I can breathe, so that says a lot. Smiley Happy

Obviously the big difference is capacity.

Great point! It doesn't smoke up the house, but you can smell the smoke flavor throughout the house.

I get my wood chips off of amazon.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

We have a log cabin so I've never used the stove top smoker I bought for the old house just before we moved. I was afraid the logs would absorb the smoke smell. But I have used the Masterbuilt outside and that thing really puts out an intense smoke fragrance. I can't imagine having that smell in the house. So far what we like most is smoked salmon.