Trusted Contributor

Do you sous vide?

What sous vide stick do you use/recommend?

Thank you.

Hung

Honored Contributor

I've looked into using this cooking method.  If I were to purchase the equipment, I would choose the Joule brand.

Trusted Contributor

I'm very interested in trying this method. Everytime I go shopping online, there are just too many choices. Can't decide and I end up not getting anything. Sorry, I know that was really no help to you. Smiley Happy 

Have a nice day.

Honored Contributor

I looked into it also and decided it is not for me.  Kind of like boil in the bag...

Super Contributor

The "Ultra" button on InstaPot's Ultra model is programmed for sous vide cooking.  Some folks have demo's it on YouTube and they were pleased with the results.  If a 6qt or smaller IntaPot Ultra comes to market, I would likely buy it.  We don't eat meat often enough to warrant buying a separate sous vide gizmo but it sure would be nice to have that option along with all the other functions of InstaPot.  Woman Happy

New Contributor

I have the Instant Pot version.  It does the job.

Frequent Contributor

First of all, it is NOTHING like boil-in-bag.  Sous Vide means "under pressure".  In this case, the pressure of the water.  Because you are cooking at a constant temp, there is no way to overcook anything.  The only way to undercook is to start out with too low a temp.  I've had the Sous Vide Supreme for about 4 years and Curtis Stone's circulator for a year.  Love them both for different purposes.....the big one for big items like steaks and roasts and the smaller one for veges and desserts.  Once a meat is done, I remove from the bag and either flash brown in a cast iron pan, or if the weather permits, on my Big Green Egg.  I love to cook, and between my sous vides, foodi, and big green eggs I've got all bases covered Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Wow!!! I have an IP ultra! I didn't know it did Sous Vide... I was about to order a Joule, but I'm going to try my IP first. I've been watching videos for hours now... Woooo hoooo! I'm so happy to have run across this post, literally could be worth hundreds of dollars to me!

Respected Contributor

We have the Sansaire model.  It is about two years old and we used it a lot.  There is nothing better than a tenderloin roast done with the sous vide.  I did our pork loin roast with it yesterday and it was perfect. 

Definitely give it a try.  I think you will enjoy adding this method to the way you cook.