Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SharkE   I must have missed something along the line.  I had no idea you'd lost Rick.  I noticed you weren't posting so much but people often take breaks.  I'm so sorry to hear the sad news and hope you're doing okay.  I know it will be a hard adjustment for you.  I'll be thinking about you. 

Yep, he died June 12th it was here in kitchen when I broke the news.

Massive heart attack, got him to hospital, he died in 2 hrs.

I've had a lot to deal with. I could go back to Ind. but, would entail a lot of changes, SS, banking, selling the house, moving,etc.  He was cremated.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I had no idea.... but noticed you weren't posting much.  Last I recall is that your  husband had finally taken retirement....and he was STILL waiting for the government to send his $$$.... but you were receiving yours.  (too funny)

When, if I may ask, did he pass?

June 12th

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Kitchen/Sharke/m-p/7023568#M235662

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE Thank you.........lots of prayers going out for you.

It's been 15 years since I've been cooking for one......I know the adjustment it requires.

God Bless

Honored Contributor

I've lost 10 lbs ! no more meals that has to be some kind of meat all the time and has to be on the table at certain times.   First time I've had

any freedom since I left high school.

You can make it if you have help every now and again. I got people to step in situations call for standing on ladders to replace smoke detectors, batteries, light bulbs, hired out the mowing.   No more vacations will be sad.  Different way of living.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SharkE   I must have missed something along the line.  I had no idea you'd lost Rick.  I noticed you weren't posting so much but people often take breaks.  I'm so sorry to hear the sad news and hope you're doing okay.  I know it will be a hard adjustment for you.  I'll be thinking about you. 

Yep, he died June 12th it was here in kitchen when I broke the news.

Massive heart attack, got him to hospital, he died in 2 hrs.

I've had a lot to deal with. I could go back to Ind. but, would entail a lot of changes, SS, banking, selling the house, moving,etc.  He was cremated.

@SharkE   No rush to make major decisions as there's plenty of time.  If you have a good support system and friends at church, there's no reason to leave Amarillo.  I can tell you it gets lonely on holidays but that's just a few days a year.  It's a lot of work for one person to maintain both the inside AND outside of a house.  You might consider xeriscaping your yard so there's no lawn to maintain.  I remember you mentioning having to move hoses.  

I was the executrix of my parents estate but they had it so well organized there was little to do.  Just my sister and I were involved and we discussed and agreed on everything.  They'd already sold the house and didn't have a single bill to be paid.  I guess I was lucky. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

He had a Will, so, I thought no probate. Nope, when I went to property tax office to have the house put in only my name they said I needed a real estate attorney and to get a "affidavit for heirship". So, they messed around charged me 300 and I was able to get the house and car and truck put in only my name so I can sell free and clear if I take the notion. when you go thru probabte have to get 2 witnesses to all show up on the same day and swear they have known you for 10 yrs.

I had slobs who somehow got my phone # and called me up couple of weeks after June 12th and wanted to know if I wanted to sell my house !

Height of nerve. I hollered "NO!" and then put a blocked sender on the phone. they called back, but, was blocked. I keep to self and stuff I have sold I have a Christian married man to sell for me so folks go to his house.

Had deadbolts installed on rooms that made me feel better.  Thank God for Medicare they sent me a list of what all they paid for. One bill was for 77,000 for 2 hrs in the hospital, they picked it up. Still waiting to see what the supplement will pick up and I'll have to pay think it will be less then 2,000.   Mutual of Omaha Plan G is pretty good supplement to Medicare.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE    Hey, what do you mean "no more vacations?". Girl, you have a new, dependable car so all you need to do is pack a bag and take off and go wherever you wish.  You don't even have to worry about boarding a pet.  There's absolutely no reason for you to stay home. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SharkE  Sorry for your loss.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

No, that would scare me to death @Kachina624  I'd end up like that chick in the news.    I don't know how to go to the airport and ever see my sisters again. Most of them I don't really care if I see again anyway. LOL That one sister is decent the other is wonky.   In this day and age I'm too old to venture to far.

I'm going to the movies on the 8th that is my adventure. LOL

also, go downtown to the civic center for the Peddler shows. Places I know how to get there and back. Zoo, etc.  I always have just liked shopping for the most part.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SharkE    Hey, what do you mean "no more vacations?". Girl, you have a new, dependable car so all you need to do is pack a bag and take off and go wherever you wish.  You don't even have to worry about boarding a pet.  There's absolutely no reason for you to stay home. 

@Kachina624 & @SharkE 

Road trip!  I know I've mentioned this before and am half kidding half serious.  I'd take off from Denver and pick up @SilleeMee in Colorado Springs and we'd head out to Albuquerque, get you @Kachina624 and we'd all go visit @SharkE in Amarillo!  Never have met anyone on line in person before except on an early internet mid 1990's jewel collect group but we were able to communicate directly, share pics etc.  I just have a feeling we'd all get along and have fun! And cheer up Sharke!