Honored Contributor

@SharkE: How are you doing? Just wanted you to know that I think of you often. Especially in the kitchen while using any kitchen appliances or gadgets that you have mentioned or recommended. I used my USA muffin pan this morning.🤗🤗❤️❤️❤️🙏🙏🙏🙏

Honored Contributor

Thanks for asking. Not having to pressure cook as much any more. Not a big meat eater. LOL Your way of cooking changes when your cooking for one.

I keep busy with the mail that brings in a fresh surprise every day. When the word gets out to the mainstream. Now, you got people wanting to relieve you of your money. Everybody wants to take the widow's money away from her. You have to show proof and fight for every dime. My own sister in laws scre*ed me over on my husbands inheritance that he had left over from his mother. He was his mother's executor and he paid off his 2 sisters and kept what was left of his share in our bank and I was the POA, Executor and Trustee of his estate (no kids to worry about) it was in a Trust Fund. I was suppose to come into it. Nope, when I went to transfer the dab that was left into a checking account I was told they would contact the 2 greedy sister in laws.  So, one kept her share, the other one did send her share back to me

since she had gotten her share back 8 yrs. ago. So, I ended up getting 2/3rds instead of 3.   Needless to say no Xmas card to that lot no more

After the one said "*** do you really need this money"?   The nerve ! They had got their share and they didn't think I as his beneficiary deserved none of it. One did the right thing, the other pocketed extra.

Then, I have to fight to get a little pension that was suppose to go to me upon his death you have to prove you were married, you have to prove he's dead, on and on.  you have to now be the man and the woman. Thank God I found thru the church people that are helping me with man chores.

Hired a mowing man and the trimming man is a fellow Baptist so he's helping me with climbing on the ladder jobs, etc.

I think I'll have it all converted by end of yr. Financial change over is about completed, I dread Tax time 2022. Have to hire a CPA for sure

Thank God I'm not up against it I don't know how people do it that don't

have resources to live on.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

My goodness, I didn't realize your husband had passed!  I'm so very sorry.

Yes, a lot of the paperwork is a real hassle--even the stuff that's supposed to be automatic.  And you do find out who your real friends are.

But it sounds like you are fortunate to have people in your church to turn to.    You're a tough lady and can get through it all.

Best wishes.  ❤️

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Woe unto those who are not all I can say.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE   I must have missed something along the line.  I had no idea you'd lost Rick.  I noticed you weren't posting so much but people often take breaks.  I'm so sorry to hear the sad news and hope you're doing okay.  I know it will be a hard adjustment for you.  I'll be thinking about you. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@SharkE 

To echo another poster's comment, I am so sorry to learn that your husband passed on.  Having helped with paperwork and selling homes of deceased relatives, I know about the paperwork.  

DH is a lawyer ( just finally retired ) so I hear about the horror stories.  

I also lived through one of my own with two sisters, one of whom has totally blocked any contact with her children and their children.  She hasn't spoken to her twin for almost 25 years ! She announced that when our parents close their eyes, she has no more sisters.  Unfortunately, she didn't wait to begin the alienation.

Handling both parents' last years of dementia and keeping everyone apprised of what was going on every day took a toll on me.

As executrix of the estate and power of attorney for the house sale, there was another whole world of opportunity for grief.  But, as I reminded them:  He appointed me because he knew I would be fair and do the right thing.

Sharke, please check the CPA out thoroughly.   DH is helping our 82-year old neighbor through serious financial investment problems as he and his ill wife transition to assisted living.  

In reviewing his last few years of tax returns, he discovered the CPA forgot to include the man's Social Security income on the last tax return.  Translation: 40K of income not reported plus interest and penalties that will accrue.

Good luck as you continue through the labyrinth:  it will resolve itself over time.....it make take a lot longer than what you think it will.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@SharkE : Yes -very stressful and difficult time and so much to deal with and decisions. Big family or small family it's always someone stirring up stuff. 🤗🙏🙏❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

I am so sorry to hear of your spouse passing.  I must have missed it as I've been dealing with a lot these past weeks with my spouse failing health.

As you stated, my kids and niece are reminding me everyday the "importance" of getting our paperwork in order...sad but true it needs to be done.

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time🙏🏻🌹

homedecor1

Esteemed Contributor

I had no idea.... but noticed you weren't posting much.  Last I recall is that your  husband had finally taken retirement....and he was STILL waiting for the government to send his $$$.... but you were receiving yours.  (too funny)

When, if I may ask, did he pass?

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 : 🤗🤗🙏🙏❤️❤️.