Super Contributor

Re: new Fiesta color for 2024 = Sky

I didn’t need anymore fiesta but I ordered a few pieces of sky from Fiesta the color was so pretty I couldn’t resist I hope the color is as pretty in person as the picture
My order hasn’t shipped yet
Esteemed Contributor

@Shihtzursqmom - If it is helpful, my Sky order from Fiesta shipped this afternoon via FedEx with an estimated delivery date of Monday; I'm expecting it to arrive on Tuesday because FedEx is awful in my area, but either way, it's coming soon! Hope yours will be on its way soon as well...  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Today I received my Fiesta bud vase in the new Sky color.

It is very pretty, a pale blue, sort of aqua. I put a few pink silk flowers in it.

I ordered it from Fiesta Factory Direct. Never had I ever ordered from them before. I was shocked at checkout, when shipping was over $18.00.

In the future, I will order from Macy's and get free shipping on all my orders.

There is a new floral pattern on white that will coordinate beautifully with Sky. I may get a couple of pieces like small floral plates and a Sky mug, to use for my breakfast or lunch.

I certainly don't need any more Fiesta, but these pieces are very pretty, in a soft delicate way.

Esteemed Contributor

@Enufstuff - I'm sorry your order didn't qualify for free shipping; if you decide you do want to try the new Botanical Floral or pick up any other Fiesta pieces, if you spend at least $49, you'll get free shipping (valid until May 7 at 8am ET). The usual threshold is $99 for free shipping, so this is a nice offer.

Enjoy your new vase!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc   I usually order all my Fiesta from Macy's. I have a Macy's account and get free shipping on all purchases.

I wasn't really planning on buying any of the new Sky color dishes. I have two cabinets full of Fiesta and don't need any more in my limited space.

But I like the Sky color and thought that just a bud vase would be nice to have. Macy's did not have the vase, so I went to Fiesta Factory Direct as others had mentioned here.

My daughter gave me a Macy's gift card yesterday, for my birthday. So, I went online and ordered a few more Sky pieces.

I got a coffee mug, a salad plate, dinner plate in Sky and a luncheon plate in the Botanical Floral pattern.

I recently gave some of my least favorite colors of Fiesta to two of my grandchildren, who loved them. So I do have a little space for a few new pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, my fleeting love affair with Sky is pretty much over now; I'm so disappointed in the pieces I received that I don't plan to buy any more, even if they do release the carafe and large vase that initially caught my fancy. The blue color was completely inconsistent, and when it's too light, it's almost white and basically looks like a factory mistake on a white piece that they decided to sell anyway. Sigh.

If you care about the details:

• I ordered a three-piece bistro set and received a bowl that had been
   squished/squeezed during its firing and was more oval than round
   (definitely haven't seen that before!), the salad plate was about five
   shades lighter blue than the other pieces, and the dinner plate had
   several noticeable black specks on it plus weird dark blue streaks in
   a couple areas of the rim. I ended up returning the set for a refund
   rather than a replacement, fearing there might be the same issues.
• I ordered a little fruit bowl because I don't have anything in that
   shape/size since they reworked it fairly recently; it was also about
   five shades lighter than the other pieces. I think I might contact Fiesta
   to see if they'd consider that a defect that could merit a replacement.

• I ordered a bread tray (one of my favorite Fiesta items that I own in a
   couple dozen colors) and it arrived broken. A replacement will be on
   its way soon.

In happier news, the ramekin and another individual bistro bowl I ordered were great. So for now, at least I have two pieces I can enjoy, but the overall experience was quite a bummer. (And it definitely isn't fun to receive disappointing pieces and then have to go through extra efforts to resolve things.)

I truly hope everyone else has much better luck with your Sky purchases!

Super Contributor

I got the sky fiesta order today , I was disappointed also two pieces were broken , a dinner plate and the free spoon rest
The rest was ok
The strange thing is those two broken pieces were in the middle of the box
I filled out the claim form online as soon as I unboxed the items

loriqvc I agree with you about the color, while pretty the plates look like they are white with a light blue color sprayed on
top with the white showing through a little
I was disappointed in the plates
The bowls I got aren’t like that they look better and the blue is a pretty color
I don’t think I’ll ever order a color I haven’t seen in
Person again I was so excited to get the pieces I thought they’d be prettier only to be disappointed
Honored Contributor

@loriqvc ---oh that is  too bad! I haven't ordered anything in that color yet--think I'd rather see them in person now. I usually don't mind a few little blemishes--I like that they are not prefect--but the color variation kind of disturbs me. I WANT sky blue--not white-ish blue!! You bet I would call CS about what you ordered!! Do it friend!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl - Thanks! They are sending me a replacement bread tray and fruit bowl (the former was broken and the latter was too pale), so things should hopefully work out all right. When the Sky color is as advertised, it is absolutely lovely—I was so disappointed with my overall purchasing that I wasn't going to post any photos, but perhaps I'll show some pairings of the ramekin and bistro bowl with some of my other Fiesta ramekins and bistro bowls. There are some really nice potential combinations.