Honored Contributor

QVC never claims to make the food offerings price competitive.  You never see those "comparable price" graphics or them boasting about it being "the lowest price for this pack-up" sales pitch.

The food is indeed very expensive.  Some are just a tad more expensive for what you get, and some are outrageously expensive.  Those Gourmet Potstickers are delicious, but I have found some with the exact same delicious taste, and I pay a small fraction versus QVC's crazy cost. 

It sells because of the convenience in getting it at your door, either in the final prepared version, or complete with everything you need to cook it.  

Now I need to order those amazing Heartland Fresh chicken cutlets!

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper - If you're at all interested in the Heartland Fresh chicken, I can highly recommend that you give it a try! We've had it on auto-delivery since its debut, and despite the somewhat high price when compared to making a similar item yourself, we haven't regretted our purchases for a moment. The chicken is definitely a quality, tasty product with a lot of versatility—and all you have to do is put it in the oven and prepare whatever accompaniments you desire.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc    I 100% agree with you about the Heartland Fresh chicken!  Isn't it delicious?  I tried some earlier this year, and my family is hooked.  They are consistently tender, and seasoned to perfection.  

My son makes a Nashville Hot sauce, and does an incredible Nashville Hot chicken sandwich with the pickles and homemade mayo.  I pop one in my air fryer when I want to slice one over a Caesar salad.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper - Sounds delicious! Our current favorite preparation is to bake the chicken as usual, and during the last two or three minutes of cook time, top it with a little honey mustard, cheese, and crumbled bacon, and sprinkle chopped scallions over the top when serving.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@SharkE - Today's show is definitely not a repeat. I'm guessing the "R" is because QVC has trademarked "In the Kitchen with David," so some listings include that detail when they display the show name.

Oh  yeah, could be that too. I was just guessing. i took a pass not into crab and lobster and rolls I can make myself.   LOL

@loriqvc 

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper - If you're at all interested in the Heartland Fresh chicken, I can highly recommend that you give it a try! We've had it on auto-delivery since its debut, and despite the somewhat high price when compared to making a similar item yourself, we haven't regretted our purchases for a moment. The chicken is definitely a quality, tasty product with a lot of versatility—and all you have to do is put it in the oven and prepare whatever accompaniments you desire.

That is the one food item we like also. I make it in my Ninja Grill air fryer - Hi temp for 10 minutes. It makes a great chicken sandwich as it just fits a round bun. I'm not that crazy about the gravy mix that comes with it - a little too bland. I do put more salt and pepper in it.

Frequent Contributor
When I worked and commuted 12-13 hours daily, QVC food items saved dinner many evenings! Back in the day, we all loved the tilapia but it changed so much over the years. I do like the mini cheesecakes from Junior’s also.
Honored Contributor

I feel like all these items that you can pay for later lulls the buyer into buying more than they normally would because you don't have to pay for it now.  But, then you end up getting the bill right at Christmas when you already have all those presents to pay for.  But, ultimately, it's up to the consumer to keep up with what they are spending.

My husband walked in and saw those potstickers and said "they have those at Costco."  Of course the Costco ones probably weren't mini potstickrs and I know they don't cost $60+.  

I would've boght the St. Clair sides if one of them wasn't a broccoli dish.  I have bought them in the past with something other than a broccoli side and they were good.  But, the main draw for me is it lowers my stress level at Thanksgiving.  I'm not a big cook, and prefer to concentrate on desserts.  I might also buy those flat croissants if I had the freezer space.  I have had those before and like them, plus you can have as many or as few as you want at any time.  

Honored Contributor

Schwan is working out pretty good for us. So far, so good. We order once a month as a treat.