Trusted Contributor

I have never ordered any food products from QVC. A friend of mine is having surgery and I would like to send her a treat. Not too expensive but maybe a Grandmas coffee cake or cookies. The reviews are mixed. Do food items typically ship right away? Any recommendations for goodies that you have ordered? TIA

Valued Contributor

We LOVE Grandma's coffee cake.  (I have been buying it for many years at our local supermarket and order online from QVC -- Amazon -- or Grandma's website when sending as a gift.)  I sent it to a friend after surgery and she liked it so much that she has ordered numerous times and has also sent to her friends as gifts.

Trusted Contributor

I've never ordered food from QVC, but I just recently sent a gift box from Wolferman's Bakery that included english muffins, scones and some other treats.  The recipient loved it and was also able to put some in the freezer for later. Their prices are pretty reasonable too.

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva I would make sure what she can eat and likes, and also if it is frozen, does she have freezer room to keep it, and does she even want food.

Food is not always a welcome gift, so please check with her first.

Honored Contributor

Post surgery she may be on a special diet.  It's probably a good idea to check with her. But to your point about ordering from QVC and whatever it is not be too expensive, those two things do not go hand in hand.  Shopping channel foods are pricey across the board.  I've had the Grandma's coffee cake before.  It was moist and flavorful.  As to your question about shipping, it usually takes the normal processing time for immediate shipping, but there are sometimes options of choosing a future ship date (usually when the item is a TSV)

If you and she live close enough to one another, IMO it would be more meaningful if you could bring an appropriate lunch, or dinner, and visit a little while. 

Good luck deciding and I hope yiur friend has a smooth recovery.  

Honored Contributor

Is there a restaurant nearby that could deliver a meal or two? 

Valued Contributor

In addition to Gramdma's coffee cake -- I have also sent chicken soup from Spoonful of Comfort and Grandma's Chicken Soup.  (A different Gramdma!)  Every recipient has loved it.  Having been gifted it myself after surgery -- I agree!

Valued Contributor

@judy0330  I love Spoonful Of Comfort soups, cookies and gifts, too! Everything is great quality and truly comforting. I also like Grandma's Coffee Cakes. 

Respected Contributor

Re: food gift ideas please

[ Edited ]

I've used Goldbelly before or Nuts dot com for snacks. Also Power to the People.......they only sell popcorn and hire autistic workers. 

Nutsdot com sells all kinds of snacks and their delivery box is adorable. 

Capture.JPG

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva 

One can't beat River Street Sweets!  Family business, made in small batches.

I love their homemade caramel pecan pralines!