Super Contributor

crock pot suggestions, please

So many to chose from and different sizes. I am looking for a good slow cooker big enough to cook for 4 to 6 people. I would like a good quality one, one with useful features like keeping food warm.

Any suggestions will be very greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

Respected Contributor

Re: crock pot suggestions, please

I also look forward to hearing from posters on this topic! I need a new one!

Valued Contributor

I bought the Emeril by Tfal when it first came out and really like it - but - this is my first slow cooker that has settings other than high and low.

Respected Contributor

I have a Hamilton Beach 6 qt. oval slow cooker & it works very well. I had a Rival Crock Pot & it ran too hot, even when on the lowest setting & things would scorch. I've never had that problem with the Hamilton Beach.

Respected Contributor

I love my Ninja 3-1 cooker. Clean up is a breeze also.

Honored Contributor

Just got a new Rival to replace my old worn out one. Good product and the new one can keep it warm now I think.

Trusted Contributor

I have a technique, I love it because it's a crock pot and a pressure cooker, but the best part is you can brown in it first..alot of recipes will call for browning first, which you would normally do in a different pan, so this pot is all in one...love itSmiley Happy)
Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Frequent Contributor

As someone with more than a half dozen crock-pots/slow-cookers, (that rarely get used at all anymore), I find that my pressure cookers and my ninja 3 in 1 have replaced them all. While the ninja 3 in 1 has slow cooker functions as well as stove-top settings and warming functions I rarely use them. I love the steam roasting and steam baking functions and use that feature constantly.

It cooks chicken faster, (and better) than my rotisserie, my vertical chicken roasters, my dutch ovens, or deep fryer. All of which are better than the stove top or oven. The only thing faster is the pressure cookers, which make great chicken but I prefer the ninja. Its also great for steam baking breads.

Save money and invest in the ninja 3 in 1 or a good pressure cooker.

Enjoy!

Camo

Regular Contributor

I have Emeril's and love it!!!

Arley

Contributor

The last two Crock Pot brands I have bought have cooked way too hot - food boiling on the lowest heat. So I now have a KitchenAid and I really like it. I've had it for about a year now and no problems with cooking too high.