Respected Contributor

do any of you put sheet pans in dishwasher? i had new sheet pans that kinda looked like the sheet pans you see on food network.after a little while they totally changed the way they were. well this new oven sheets pans were just a little to big so we bought 8 new ones. they say stainless steal and it said on them dish washer safe but i havnt put them in dw for fear of ruining them. anyone have an opinion on this?

Regular Contributor

Re: cookie sheets in dishwasher

Hi,

I line my baking sheets with parchment paper when I bake, then a quick rinse with soap and water in the sink. They stay pretty much new that way. 

Dragonfly

Super Contributor

I have put my older aluminum cookie sheets in the dishwasher a lot. My newer non stick cookie sheets say to hand wash which I have done. My aluminum sheets are almost like new even though I have had them over 40 yrs.

Trusted Contributor

I would never put anything like that in the dishwasher.  I don't believe in putting anything in the dishwasher except dishes, silverware and glasses.

Everything else should be hand washed.

Honored Contributor

I find the dishwasher dulls mine.  

Trusted Contributor

I do not.  I had some from Circulon that had grooves in them and they said not to put in the dishwasher.  They were never put in there but got ruined anyway.  Something as greasy as bacon would get stuck to the ridges. Luckily, they had a warranty so I had them replaced at no charge.

Respected Contributor

Most of mine have air between two sheets of aluminum. I think they were called "air bake" sheets.  They can't go in a dishwasheer or be submerged in a sink.

Honored Contributor

yes, i put my in the dishwasher all the time with no issues.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

How dirty does a cookie sheet get ? geez....

Esteemed Contributor

I have Nordicware stainless steel and have only ever needed to handwash them.

They work like non stick, easy to clean. I'm thrilled.