Honored Contributor

Re: cookie sheets in dishwasher

[ Edited ]

I don't.  There's no need.  I also line my sheet pans with parchment paper so they only need a soapy rinse to clean them.

Trusted Contributor

I have the air bake kind for cookies that I only hand wash. I hand wash the others until they get too yucky. I use sheet pans for many things from bacon to roasted veggies, baked chicken to garlic bread.  Even lining with foil doesn't keep them all perfect.  When they get yucky, I toss them in the dishwasher rather than scrubbing them.  I do keep sheet pans for a long time. 

Honored Contributor

I hand-wash mine, also.  It's pretty easy to do and I'm able to keep them looking good.   I can't remember the brand of the ones I currently have.  Oddly, it doesn't say the brand on them but just says 'Commercial II'.    I think others here have those so somebody probably knows the brand.

I like to keep them looking the same light grey color they are when new so I also use either parchment or Silpats.

I did learn, some time back, that using the dishwasher will change them over time.  Also, if one uses nonstick coated baking sheets, those shouldn't go in the dishwasher at all either.   Nonstick coatings will depreciate badly with dishwasher use but I think we all know that by now.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I never put my cookie sheets in the dishwasher, I always use parchment paper on my cookie sheets, so easy wash up.

Honored Contributor

Before I started using parchment paper I washed mine in the dishwasher and it set the cooking spray into it and discolored it so I hand washed. But really parchment paper is the way to go now!

Any dish that comes into contact with food is “dirty”, @SharkE. Not sure why that seemed to baffle you so unless you were being sarcastic which is getting old. 

Super Contributor

I have several Chicago Metallic metal half sheet pans for baking and use either Sil-Pat liner or parchment paper and never put the pans in the dish washer--just wash in the sink with warm soapy water and rinse well with hot water.   If there are any baked on spots I scrub with a damp microfiber cloth.

Honored Contributor

I have never put cookie sheets in the dishwasher.  They take up too much room or don't even fit.  I easily wash them with soap and water.  I have Curtis Stone's now and they are so easy to clean.    I also don't wash my air fryer pans in the dishwasher.  Easy to clean and they would take up almost half of the space in the dishwasher.

Honored Contributor

I use my metal sheets for veggies, meats, whatever.  They get pretty burned on after awhile, so I do put them in the dishwasher.  They get replaced every few years.  I do keep two silicone sheets for cookies only, after quickly ruining one with chicken breasts.  Not sure if QVC even sells these silicone boards anymore, so I'm babying them.

Trusted Contributor

Never, I hand wash and then put them back in the oven, which is still warm, to make sure they get totally dry.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I use my metal sheets for veggies, meats, whatever.  They get pretty burned on after awhile, so I do put them in the dishwasher.  They get replaced every few years.  I do keep two silicone sheets for cookies only, after quickly ruining one with chicken breasts.  Not sure if QVC even sells these silicone boards anymore, so I'm babying them.

@depglass

if you are looking for silicone sheets - SILPAT has several sizes and are sold in many place

Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 6.27.38 AM.png