Valued Contributor

cheese cake

I really don't ever cook or bake, but I have a question. I made a pretty good cheese cake back in the day. One of the ones I made was chocolate/raspberry cheese cake made with semisweet and raspberry/chco chips. Nowhere local sells the raspberry flavored ones any more or don't even know if they make them. Anyhow, I was wondering if I would get the same result, taste wise, using raspberry extract. I'd hate to ruin a good cheese cake if it would make it taste nasty. Thanks for any help out there from those who are  might know.

Occasional Contributor

Re: cheese cake

I would not use extract.  Sometimes tastes bitter.  Maybe raspberry syrup but if would make it too runny then how about solo raspberry filling swirled through it.  I love it on my kolachky.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Agree with grandme. Why not Google recipe for the type of cheesecake you want to make? You can find lots of ideas & recipes.

Contributor

Hi, that cheesecake sounds wonderful!

I saw a recipe for chocolate/rasp chips on Allrecipes.com under Flavored Baking Chips. You will have to make your own since they are discontinued.

Dragonfly

Contributor

Amazon sells the Ghiradelli Chocolate Raspberry bars. Could you chop them up? 

Valued Contributor

Thanks to you all for your thoughts on the cheese cake. I was afraid that the extract wouldn't work, but wasn't sure. I don't shop on line and don't want to order just a candy bar, but I'll look around locally. The syrup sounds good, too. Thanks, again. 

Regular Contributor

You could make a raspberry sauce by cooking them down with sugar on the stove. I’ve made strawberry sauce this way and it was good. It was for topping ice cream.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder if you could just use the Smucker's Raspberry Sauce below from Walmart.  I have ordered the Smuckers raspberry syrup from Amazon before and it is very good.

Smucker's Plate Scraper Raspberry Flavored Dessert Topping, 19.25 Oz

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Contributor

I don't like ordering on-line either, so what I do is to look at the web site and then I call in my order over the phone.  I have ordered from The Prepared Pantry many times.  They have what you are looking for.

Gourmet Raspberry Tidbits (Baking Chips) 11 oz. pkg.

-6%Gourmet Raspberry Tidbits (Baking Chips) 11 oz. pkg.

Phone: 1-208-745-7892

Product Code: PP171

www.preparedpantry.com

https://www.preparedpantry.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=915&product_id=1763

I've mostly order the bread mixes for my bread machine ... I'm really happy with this site, I hope it helps