Honored Contributor

another update regarding vitamix

I did call the number about Vita mix settlement to ask some questions about the replacement today---here is what I was told---

The actual blade is not the problem--it is the housing that is the issue--I didn't realize that.

If you send back your container for repair, the same one will come back with the same blade and the housing will be fixed. Turn around is 7-21 days---

I you elect to get the $70 it will be in the form of a certificate code and can ONLY be used on a new machine or new container and only from the VM website. The containers online all are with the updated housings. 

The container I need cost $140 so I would need to cough up another $70. I don't need a new machine as mine is only 3 yers old. 

Packaging and postage will be paid for, to and from VM. 

I think I will send my container back. 

BTW--VM customer service was very easy and pleasant to deal with.

Hope this helps

Honored Contributor

Re: another update regarding vitamix

@wagirl @Too bad they don’t compensate for the inconvenience of being without the machine or the trouble it takes to find packaging to return the item in.A trip to the post office for some is lengthy and an ordeal which is also inconvenient.

Honored Contributor

@dex---I know---will be hard to be without mine for that long !! I may just buy another blade assembly for my 32 oz container.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl  I thought they said you can take it to UPS to be packaged and Vitamix pays the shipping.    They send the information when you are scheduled.  I have to wait until Sept.   (hope this is correct info)

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee--

The email will contain instructions on how to use our complimentary shipping and packaging services-----so that could mean just what you said----however it goes back, we don't have to pay---I will get my email  on 6/24 and is scheduled to be replaced  the week of 7/15---then the 7-21 days to get it back will kick in------I guess??!!!  Sheesh !!!

Esteemed Contributor

I just received an email to get in a queue for something related to the replacement.  The link wasn't working and I had to call.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Vitamix is so overpriced and comes loaded with many problems.

Disgusted with it so I trashed it after getting the runaround from Vitamix for yet another send it back in  to us and we'll take a look at it.  (They already knew what Consumers were complaining about, because the item is dangerous and defective).

End result was I purchased a competitor's less expensive blender which works great and now I am truly satisfied, and the new blender does not rock and move by itself all over my counter, like my defective dangerous Vitamix did.

It really felt like the Vitamix was posessed, and I had buyer's remorse.

Glad I trashed it and bought a different reliable less expensive blender which works like a dream.  Now no buyer's remorse, just a happy camperSmiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

@GiantsLover--Wow--yes you did get the devils vitamix---however---I LOVE  mine and use it without any trouble everyday. I also had my moms VM from the 80's that ran like a champ until about 3 years ago when I bought my new one. No problem with that one either. Glad you love your new one.