Esteemed Contributor

Re: Your everyday dinnerware

Costco blue trimmed paper plates. I do have black and white corelle ware but rarely use it.

Honored Contributor

Mine is the Fiestaware in the Scarlet color.  I have some pieces in a few of the other colors, but the 'set of dishes' is Scarlet.

I have some black (of course!), a couple pieces in a dark grey, purple shade, and a tangerine shade.

I had some china that was a wedding gift eons ago but I gave that away to a young couple, a very long time ago.   Glad it got a good home and it was lovely but I didn't have a need for it.

Honored Contributor

@Knit-Chick 

I know your dinnerware, it's very pretty.

DH has gotten SOOO accustomed to what we have always had and LOVES the way the cereal bowl feels in his hand.

One thing though, my Yorktowne from Pfalzgraff has never aged.

I still like it too!  My variety is with the sets I use when others come over.

Yorktowne Luncheon Plate

Esteemed Contributor

Fiesta Ware. It started out as a Christmas Gift from my daughters, and I added the luncheon plates and the mugs. All pretty colors!! Love it!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

many many years ago I bought a large set of JCP white beaded edge porcelain dinnerware (12 place settings).  They have served me well all these years - for color I've bought various pieces of Fiestaware.

The dishes are light- Fiestaware plates are beautiful but too heavy for me.

I really only need 4 place settings as now it's just the 2 of us.  We rarely have dinner company.  It was a great buy at the time.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I used this pattern for many years especially durable and had all the matching pieces.  It's boxed in my attic hoping someone would want it, I loved those dishes.  

Pfaltzgraff today is thin & made in China.  Although, I still like all the patterns.  During the winter months I use Winterberry.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

love the original Longaberger dishes.  My friend became a consultant just to complete her dishes😉.  

I had the casserole and bakeware at one time.  Not to mention, too many baskets from all the home parties hosted and attended!

Honored Contributor

@Bookplate wrote:

Portmeirion Botanic Garden

Love Portmeirion!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I discovered this sweet set of dishes while we were on vacation a few years ago and it has become one of my favorites for everyday. 

Side note, they can also be found on the Q now along with Temp-tations Bee-lieve dishes which are just adorable, too!

Respected Contributor

Corelle , for everday and otherwise. Currently still using a white one with a red circle (kinda 50ish diner style) This is what I bought when my kitchen /dining rm . was blue and pale yellow with pops of red. I redecorated with gray/white / & teal, but have not found a corelle pattern in those colors . I love the red though so continue to use . Once I used Corelle I never wanted to use any other.

I also use an older set that I inherited in a navy flower circle . I just use these to microwave bacon etc. and use the old bowls to feed pets even outdoors. They have been used in freezing weather and droped on the hard ground--never broke.

I appreciate other types and patterns, but went for practicality long ago. Corelle is a workhorse ,lightweight, cleans in the DW, and lovely enough IMO.

@LIG1 those bees are cute !