Respected Contributor

Your Home with Jill Cooking Edition

I tuned in this morning and saw Jill on her new show.  I am not sure if this is the first show of this format, but I must say I really enjoyed it!  Jill likes to cook so she is a good fit, and she let the vendors speak without interrupting much telling us how many are sold in each color (who cares), or how many in this presentation, etc.  She is knowledgable in the kitchen and was fun to watch.  Kudos to Jill!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Your Home with Jill Cooking Edition

@Catch71 - Jill has had tons of YHJ shows lately, and Friday was her first cooking-themed show. Both that show and today's show were very nice; I agree that Jill does a great job with this type of presentation.

I really like Jill and YHJ, but I'm a bit concerned about the content getting stale and being inundated with the TSV or other repetitive programming with all the shows being aired—this week, for example, YHJ is on Q2 for two hours on Monday night and Friday night, and there's another YHJ on the main channel for three hours on Tuesday night. Fortunately, this is a week when Valerie Parr-Hill is visiting, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for new items...

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc

I only watch the main channel and tend to tune in when Jill is on!  They must be banking on people cooking again as they seem to be adding a lot of cooking/kitchen/recipe themed shows.  Even Stacy (David's sidekick) is getting her own cooking related show!

I too enjoy VPH so I will def tune in for that one!

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@loriqvc

I only watch the main channel and tend to tune in when Jill is on!  They must be banking on people cooking again as they seem to be adding a lot of cooking/kitchen/recipe themed shows.  Even Stacy (David's sidekick) is getting her own cooking related show!

I too enjoy VPH so I will def tune in for that one!

@Catch71 - Stacey's show has already aired a few times on Q2. I think I'm in the minority, but I really don't like it and have decided to stop watching. They're trying some new things with the set and camera angles that I find distracting, and Stacey continues to lack confidence and knowledge during her presentations and says some really strange things at times. After all her years on air at the Q and at news stations before that, I'm surprised that she has not learned to be more polished and professional. However, she seems like a nice woman, so I hope she finds success.

Super Contributor

I like watching Jill and I'm sorry I missed her cooking based show.  I will be on the lookout for it

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

ITA that this was a very well organized and nicely presented show this morning.  Now if only TPTB thought to support Jill with free S&H as they are doing -- AGAIN! lol -- for the same host they always seem to do these specials for but who unfort I cannot bear to watch ... Woman Wink

I wish Stacey's show on Q2 aired earlier or later as I usually am nowhere near the TV or laptop in the 6 o'oclock hour.  I have seen bits in product videos and I really liked the relaxed vibe of both Stacey and her set.  I guess she won't have the chance to host a show today since she has to spend 4 hrs on ITK ...

Trusted Contributor

I agree, I really enjoyed YHJ Cooking Edition. She does well featuring anything home related, well most anything actually. She’s one of my favorites. 

I do wish TPTB would give her a better, more fresh selection of home items to sell instead of recycling the same old, same old merchandise. She deserves better. 

Honored Contributor

QVC, in my opinion, does not have near enough interestig, new products to warrant Jill being on so often with the YHJ shows.  I also fear the shows will get old fast.

Trusted Contributor

Love Jill... she makes me feel so relaxed and good. It's like seeing an old friend.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jill spent lots of time this morning fiddling with her earpiece during the show, distracting.  Perhaps the tech people can fit her better with the necessary equipment so that she does not need to be constantly adjusting/fiddling during the program....