Honored Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Popsicle As A Child?

For those who like the grape popsicle - Have you tried the Outshine brand?

Outshine makes a lot of flavors.  Some of my favs are the coconut (as I LOVE coconut!) and the peach (ditto!), but when I first tried the grape one I was sold.  I also get the tangerine, watermelon, and raspberry from time to time.

The grape has the perfect flavor.   I keep my freezers pretty low, so everything freezes VERY firmly.  You take a little bit of the grape popsicle and, even though it's frozen extremely hard, it turns to silk as you chew it and then the flavor explodes in your mouth!    I don't know how they make this particular flavor so amazing, but it is truly beyond.  I have one of these almost every day.

Respected Contributor

Root Beer and Cherry were my two favorites.

Honored Contributor

My mom made us "Popsicles" with Tupperware ice pop sets. She used fresh orange juice and I loved them. 💕

We never had store bought desserts. Everything was home made by my grandmother or my mom...🥰

Super Contributor

Usually preferred regular ice cream, but did enjoy Creamsicles.

Honored Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

When I was really little, I would want those twin ice pops in the worst way, but my mother would never let me have them.  She "claimed"  I would get a chill in my stomach.  Could that be true?  All she ever let me have would be those boring Dixie Cups, or an ice cream cone.

Then when I was around 8 or 9 we lived in a neighborhood where the Good Humor Man  came like clockwork every weekday around 3:00 in the summertime.  He would even give out little toys to the kids, sometimes.  At that time my three favorites were Chocolate Eclair, Strawberry Shortcake, and the Toasted Almond Bar.

I think the Toasted Almond Bar was my absolute favorite.

@blueroses47 

I ate a lot of those twin popsicles, especially he lemonade or strawberry.  I never got a stomach.

What DID give me a headache, however, was Canada Dry Tahitian Treat, a cold drink from the cooler.  I learned as an adult, it had red dye #2 which a lot of people had a reaction to.

Respected Contributor

Cherry popsicle

Respected Contributor

root beer or banana