Honored Contributor

You just cant fix stupid

[ Edited ]

Yesterday I was browsing on Amazon at the Pyrex Baking Dishes with the plastic lids.  I scrolled down to read the reviews.  One reviewer said the glass pan worked well but the plastic lid melted in the oven!   WHAT??!!!!!  Good grief.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

It's breathtaking isn't it???

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: You just can fix stupid

[ Edited ]

This post definitely wins the laugh of the day award! 😂 😂 

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Yesterday I was browsing on Amazon at the Pyrex Baking Dishes with the plastic lids.  I scrolled down to read the reviews.  One reviewer said the glass pan worked well but the plastic lid melted in the oven!   WHAT??!!!!!  Good grief.

@Imaoldhippie,

I had 'just' seen that on the screen page/ under KITCHEN, so I thought it had to do with an appliance or recipe. That, even for me, ( not a professional cook, as most are here, ..KNEW THAT!

Nothing worse in the kitchen than having the smell of anything burning, or in 'this situation' a melting plastic lid.

Her oven will have that smell for a very  ``l o n g ............time.

Yes, I surmise that being stupid while cooking. I have a new set ( never opened)..using that Lock & lock which is 1/3 off of alignment.

My older Pyrex set of 15 is something I am using now since my kitchen has been remodeled; ` my Pyrex lids are GLASS`.

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie

Yes, I agree with you.

Sometimes I just stare at what I've read, unable to believe that anyone could be so dense.

You've got to wonder how people like that navigate every day life.

Honored Contributor

Boggles my mind how do people like that get along in every day life

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I think we would be surprised at the things some of us consider basic and common sense,is not so for others. I knew someone who actually put Elmers glue on a cut on her leg.

Respected Contributor

Re: You just cant fix stupid

wrote:

Just thinking but maybe they thought it was silicone?  I grew up with no plastic in the oven, but the younger generation grew up with silicone bakeware and mats to be used in the oven.  Just a thought. 

Honored Contributor

That's so funny.  Yeah, the world if full of dim bulbs.

Honored Contributor

OH!!!  My goodness!  Maybe they'll buy the bridge I've been waiting to sell!!!

(Totally unreal!)

Image result for person falling on the floor laughing