Honored Contributor

Yay ! Found a Tupperware sales table

at this flea mkt we went to today dropped 45-50.00. Such pretty pinks !

Got a big ol' deep bowl for chips, tortilla chips, crackers, fritos, etc.

tupperware is hard to find any more. I lucked out.

DSCN0830.JPG

DSCN0832.JPG

DSCN0833.JPG

Honored Contributor

Re: Yay ! Found a Tupperware sales table

That bowl is gorgeous @SharkE 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I know I sent pics here and to sister (other one doesn't have a pc) proud of that makes Kachinea mad that I like kitchen stuff so much hahahhahaha

she doesn't understand how a person can like kitchen gadgets and helps

Esteemed Contributor

Lucky YOU @SharkE !!

I'm still hanging on to some of my mom's Tupperware and the few pieces I bought. Love those self-burping, ONE finger canister lids!     nvdp2m181ob21 (1).jpg

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I like Tupperware. She had some plates four for 20 those small plates, but, I don't think they do well in dishwasher , so, I'm sticking with Pioneer woman plates

Esteemed Contributor

I remember the pattern on that chips bowl. I swear a friend's mom had kitchen curtains with a nearly identical pattern.

Also, the inside of their Tuppetware chips bowl was stained permanently orang-y from cheese puffs or Doritos.

So you might want to line it with paper napkins, or limit it to non-orange treats.

Honored Contributor

You could have come to my house.  I'd have given you what you wanted.

I supply friends and neighbors with their tupperware, lock and lock, you name it.

I've finally almost stopped buying it.   Keyword "almost".  Right now I'm looking at 3 (yes....3) of those huge pitchers that were recently on QVC.

I just give them to neighbors and friends who do things for me and won't take money.  This is my way of saying thanks.  My daughters either live in different states or the one who lives nearby says she doesn't have room for it.

Friends still use the stuff and like getting it.

I don't cook at all anymore.  Although I did just make myself a hamburger (no bun) pork and beans and sliced tomatoes with Olive Garden dressing.  That's the extent of my cooking.

I love reading everyone's posts knowing there are still people out there cooking and stuff.

David's just too good of a salesman.  Ha!

Valued Contributor

Great find. The newer tupperware are nothing like my mom's pieces.

Honored Contributor

yeah, everything has to evolve to keep up with the times.

Has to be dishwasher safe, microwavable safe, on and on like that.

I 've been looking for stuff like that every time we go out on a Sat. to a craft/flea market. Community sidewalk sale ,stuff like that.

I grew with Watkins, Tupperware and that line of household mops and brooms forget now their name.

I can also put popcorn in that Tupperware bowl and what I don't eat he can take to work for a snack. He retires the 20th, so, after that 

cid_00a101c73f17d70d4fc06402a8c0LAPTOP.gif

Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

Great find. The newer tupperware are nothing like my mom's pieces.

I have very much noticed this.  The construction is nowhere near as good.  I have a few pieces that are newer (past few years) and they are less integrous than just regular plastic goods at the grocery store.

One of the things that I've seen is with some of the TW 'glasses'.  I have some that are a slim, tall-ish, about 12oz variety and in the dishwasher they will literally explode.   Yeah, I've had big pieces just crack off in the top of the dishwasher and one that just had a round piece blow right out of the middle of the cup.   The ones I have left, needless to say, I hand-wash because I use them for something specific daily.

I also have numerous pieces still of the old TW that was so much better but I don't use them for food storage, as they aren't nearly as good as L&L.    They are not airtight as they used to always tell us they are.  I've done the tests myself on several pieces.